Featured Itchty Boots (you Tube)

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Malcolm Woods, May 2, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Malcolm Woods

Malcolm Woods Noble Member

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    Hello again. If you have never seen itchy boots on you tube then you will not comprehend this post, but check it out. Itchy boots is a 30yr old long legged blond from holland who has travelled the world twice twice on her own, on a motor cycle and videoed her experiences good and bad.
    Her adventure bike is not a triumph tiger but believe it or not is a bike less than half the price with no electronics and simple mechanics, how about a Royal Enfield Himalayan.
    She says that obviously on occasions she has broken down but do to the simplicity of the bike always found someone to help her even in the most remote parts of the world which would not be possible with complicated electronics. She has dropped the bike many times on the unmade roads, but manage to pick it up and she starts right up again.
    After reading the complaints regarding Triumph dealerships I think if I was going on these sort of adventures maybe I would have to look elsewhere.
    Check out Itchy boots on you tube, maybe you will see what I mean.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. J S Chappell

J S Chappell Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    I've watched all of series one, and the story so far in series 2. Very brave resoucreful lady, with a wonderful can do attitude. The early series 1 videos were a little lacking, but she soon got into her stride. Series 2 has some epic footage ,and drone footage too. Clever girl, she has a Msc in geological chemistry and used to work in gold mining.She's also a very capable rider opting to take dirt tracks with her heavily laden bike. In series 1 she covers 60,000 Kms, series 2 is from Rio to Alaska. I recommend a look too.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Malcolm Woods

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    It just amazes me she choose do this on a Indian produced Royal Enfield which doesn't have the best reputation, having watched and listened to her on questions and answers I am changing my mind. In fact I wonder if a tiger or BMW would have been up the some her adventure trips.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Seen it before but very good

6. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Fucking hell, and she's even attractive!
    I would absolutely love to do what she's done but I'm pretty sure I'd fuck it up and/or kill myself. What a girl.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    I have seen a few of her vids and well done to her I say, and these new Enfield's are not that bad for the buck they are selling quite well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RebelHawk

RebelHawk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2020
    SC, USA
    The wife and I have watched all season 1 and up to current season 2. Great example of an adventure YouTube video series on a bike. It really wants to make me quit my job and do something like this, but I'm realistic about not surviving the first three days unsupervised. I would be jumping every ravine and would have have broken my leg on the first off road out of the way section she has ridden.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Noraly is quite a gal isn't she. Off-roader, can change her own tyres, take the road less travelled and has had wonderful experiences with local peoples.

What it show very clearly - and I'm a previous GS owner - you don't need to have a hugely costly, heavy motorcycle to go seriously adventuring.

These Royal Enfield Himaylans are being used in every corner of the world on and off-road.

And at about £4000 they are genuinely affordable. Do a few Youtube searches and you'll see what I mean.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    Just watched the best of itchy boots, it was very good, what make was her 2nd bike?.

11. J S Chappell

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    I think she chose well,as the enfield is simple and can be fixed by any mechanic, she carries spares like cables clutch plates, tubes and tyres etc , and she changes oil very regularly, her prvious bike was a ducati monster! I think you're correct about more mainstream bikes, she would'nt be able to acces spares or any type of diagnostics. And the Enfield seems capable of running on very poor quality black market fuel,which sometimes she has to use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    I’ve been following her since the beginning. She’s just amazing. The Royal Enfield she uses have been fantastic bikes, pretty reliable. I think people need to change their attitudes to RE as they seem to producing some pretty good bikes with quality matching Triumph and at a fraction of the cost. If it wasn’t for the fact I already have a so called off road bike, I’d certainly be looking seriously at a Himalayan.
    Noraly inspired me to do my ride to the Nordkapp. I thought if she can ride her bike all the way back to the Netherlands from India, I can certainly do my “little” trip.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 2
  13. J S Chappell

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    Himalayan, suppllied free by the manufacturer. they take her old bike to shows and trade events, great advert for Enfield.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Malcolm Woods

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    I think a Ducati.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Malcolm Woods

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    Yes your right, she bought her first bike in India, when she tried to register in Holland it was refused because it did not comply with European certification. So Royal Enfield gave her another one. And as you say they show it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Yes I would think that a RE Himalayan with its LOW seat height would suit you Nikki :laughing::laughing:;);)

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    I have also been watching another vlog of a young Dutch guy "Pedro Moto" traveling around the world on a old early 90's Honda 600 Transalp I found it very good the old Honda put up with a lot of abuse.

• Like Like x 3
  18. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Dave, let it lie, now. Let it lie. ;);)

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Don’t know what you mean :rolleyes:

Got it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I know what you thought I meant,,,,,, but I meant it would be ideal with your ickle legs o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Malcolm Woods

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    Thanks I will check that out.