Sprint Is The St 955i The Bike I Need? Edt Finally Go For A 1050 St

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Hubaxe, Apr 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Triumphal385

Triumphal385 Active Member

Mar 23, 2020
    South East
    I had 955i Sprint ST, several years ago. It was a good, comfortable, capable machine. I found the fuel gauge to be highly inaccurate, and the ECU once died, mid journey. Other than that, no issues. I also added both screen & risers. I have just bought a 2005 Sprint ST 1050, which died from a effective rectifier on my way home from the dealer & now has suffered defective battery & starter motor. I've changed the battery & after lockdown, the dealer will repair the starter motor issue. I've already added a touring screen & have just bought risers, too. I plan to keep this bike, long term. I'm 6'2 and 20 stone, so a tall non-athlete, too.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    #22 Hubaxe, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Thanks for your feedback. Yesterday, french government extended the lockdown until 11th of May. I've ordered bar risers from moto-cnc (around Durham UK), and already received brake pads. The only thing missing... is the bike :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    [​IMG] Time to give a little feedback since I was asking about getting a 1050 ST over a 955 ST. I never tried a 955, but the 1050 is a good one.
    The one I found was cheap for some reasons. Not very well maintained, or maintained by people that shouldn't. Now all works ok, brakes with HH pads are super efficient, the bike handles perfectly, and is so easy to ride.
    I live in a mountain area, and even there it's a pleasure to ride. I just need to get used to the 3 cylinders torque at low rev... gentle on throttle. :)
    Shad side bag holders are now installed, luggage carrier installed, I even put a Triboseat for madame. Next step is a longer travel, as soon as we can pass borders. Thanks to some valued members there who helped a lot to choose and make the right things on my bike.

Yesterday's ride, 20 minutes from home (my house is somewhere between the mountain and the lake.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Checked that already, chain adjustment is smooth.
    on my do to list I have the throttle cable adjustment, and put new plugs (upgrade to iridium). Those 2 points need to remove the tank and the air box. Will be done shortly. Then I'll change the fork oil (and probably the seals even if they still look ok) and I don't see anything left on my list. :)

• Like Like x 3