765 Is Normal Sound In Hot

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by street89, Apr 17, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. street89

street89 New Member

Mar 24, 2019
    spain
    yo have street triple rs 765, and in hot sound this:

Pasa otra persona?

2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Sounds fairly normal for a Street Triple. In fact we had a similar ST "sound check" event a couple of weeks ago and came to the conclusion that they (mostly) do sound like that.

Esta bien.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. street89

street89 New Member

Mar 24, 2019
    spain
    [QUOTE = "Adie P, post: 289985, miembro: 10567"] Suena bastante normal para un Street Triple. De hecho, tuvimos un evento similar de "prueba de sonido" ST hace un par de semanas y llegamos a la conclusión de que (en su mayoría) suenan así.

Esta bien. [/ CITA]
    yo sound cla cla cla
    background is normal so?

4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    jale el embrague hacia adentro, ¿suena mejor entonces?

Pull the clutch in and see if it sounds better.

Sounds very similar to mine.

5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I can't hear anything unusual - but my computer isn't the best, and nor is my hearing. How many km's has it done? Is the oil the correct grade and amount? Has it been changed recently? Has the noise just appeared?

On the (675) ST engine it's not unusual to get a tapping noise when the automatic cam chain tensioner is stuck between adjustments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. street89

street89 New Member

Mar 24, 2019
    spain
    [QUOTE = "Eldon, post: 289993, miembro: 12228"] jale el embrague hacia adentro adentro, ¿suena mejor entonces?

Tire del embrague y vea si suena mejor.

Suena muy parecido al mío. [/ QUOTE]
    Mismo

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    If the bike is under warranty just ask the dealer to check that the cam chain tensioner is working. If it is not under warranty do an oil and filter change using the correct oil type and grade and level, then ride as normal. It doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary but if you are still concerned take it to a dealer and ask them to check and confirm.

8. street89

street89 New Member

Mar 24, 2019
    spain
    [QUOTE = "Adie P, post: 289996, miembro: 10567"] No puedo escuchar nada inusual, pero mi computadora no es la mejor ni mi audiencia. ¿Cuántos km ha hecho? ¿Es el aceite el grado y la cantidad correcta? ¿Se ha cambiado recientemente? ¿Ha aparecido el ruido?

En el motor (675) ST no es raro que se escuche un ruido de tapping cuando el tensor automático de la cadena de la leva se atasca entre los ajustes. [/ QUOTE]
    10.000km, yes change, repsol racing 10w40.
    I think it sounds when it was changed.

9. street89

street89 New Member

Mar 24, 2019
    spain
    [QUOTE = "Adie P, post: 290010, miembro: 10567"] Si la bicicleta está bajo garantía, pídale al distribuidor que verifique que el tensor de la cadena de levas esté funcionando. Si no está cubierto por la garantía, realice un cambio de aceite y filtro utilizando el tipo, grado y nivel de aceite correctos, luego conduzca de manera normal. No suena como algo fuera de lo común, pero si sigue preocupado, llévelo a un distribuidor y pídales que lo verifiquen y confirmen. [/ QUOTE]
    they looked at it and they say it's normal

10. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    OK, so, if the oil was changed recently and the noise seemed to appear when the change was done, perhaps the hydraulic tensioner is sensitive to oil type.

This should disappear when the tensioner next self-adjusts. I've read that riding to the redline in 2nd gear then shutting the throttle completely and allowing the bike to slow to a stopon a closed throttle in the same gear can be enough to encourage the tensioner take up BUT if you are worried about the noise take it to a Triumph dealer and ask them to check it.

Good luck.