Insurance

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Waynedarcie, Oct 13, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #61 MickEng, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Asda guarantee to beat any quote and they did for me.
    I shall be using them when my car is due for renewal next month as well.

2. anthony gothard

anthony gothard Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk
    CN and LV for me and my bikes were both over a grand.
    But through Asda using mce on separate policies to gain two sets of ncb was
    Mt 10 sp using 1yr ncb from triumph £284
    The 94r with no ncb £259
    comprehensive and breakdown
    Think i will go with them

• Like Like x 2
  3. anthony gothard

anthony gothard Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk
    Or, so i thought until i called them today. Cannot match the online quote,tossers. £989.
    Thats the second insurer that i have had online quotes for, but when calling to arrange, price escalated through the roof.
    Gone with original, Bennetts. best cover, quick to contact on the phone, and everything covered....sorted

4. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    ^^^
    The same happened to me. Called a few insurers to get some quotes. Then called Asda and they couldn't come anywhere near the quotes. MCE gave me a better deal and I ended up going with them. I declared all the upgrades but they confirmed in the event of an unfortunate accident, they will only replace the damaged parts with standard OEM. The price was good, so I went with them on a fully comprehensive insurance.

5. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I wonder if Donald Trump can help out ?

6. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Well why delare changes? what difference does it make then? mods raise premiums for the fucking robbing insurance companies then repair with stock parts? hate them putting bikes and people into boxes to make us all the boring same not too many years down the line:mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 1
  7. mappster

mappster Member

Jan 24, 2017
    North Wales
    I had my renewal quote from Bennets last month and it was £297.

I shopped around and got like for like from Hastings for £147.

I have a 2016 Speed Triple R

Full NCB riding for over 30 years

Work it out!

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I am interested to hear what mileage you declair for your quotes as that is a big factor...I ride 15k miles a year so my premium will be a lot greater than someone doing a lot less

Edit: Plus, do the insurers check mileage declared against actual, I guess if the difference is greater they would make a fuss in the event of an accident.

9. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Yes they do, neighbours car got written off while parked out side his house by a pissed up driver in an un-insured car, the assessor still checked his mot certificate and mileage against the clock, this is why I was concerned last week at the MOT discrepancy on mine.
    Strangely though, another car that was parked in the road that got hit as well got paid out to all or more of its value even though it had no MOT!
    Some people have all the luck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Rod Stewart sang about that! lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    Bennetts got my business as Bewiser were much dearer this year,got full comp under £10 a month never touch wood claimed in over 20 years,easy done over internet 10 mins max would recommend them.

12. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    One major problem with Bennett's bas###ds - I had a gsx1400 on with them for 1 month. The bike sold and I cancelled the policy. £115.00 per annum insurance - £68.00 cancellation fee. When you call them - you can be on hold for 20+ mins. Then you can actually hear them smiling as they take their "fees" from your account. Bloody ridiculous company - beware of any changes:mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    good to know ive so far had no need to phone them was all done on web i used mcn compare website and will do next time it was the cheapest for all qoutes,now i dont need modified insurance as the zrx is getting sold soon insurance is far cheaper than it was for both bikes.

14. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Just had my renewal come through from Hastings, NOT on auto-renewal, £103!
    Thats cheaper than last year, I let it run after I sold it a couple of weeks ago as I would then get my 2 yrs ncb, I wouldn't get any refund and probably charge me a cancellation fee too, so I've got 2 years NCB for the next 2 years saved for the next bike.:cool:

• Like Like x 2