Insurance

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Waynedarcie, Oct 13, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Waynedarcie

Waynedarcie Active Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Southport
    No European cover.customer loyalty counts for nothing.theyre just out to make has much dosh out of you as they can.

• Like Like x 1
  2. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Agree, don't what to give them any reason not to pay. As you said, I also have chains etc. But the on day you forget to fit them, bike gets stolen.... No money!
    Also lock, sometimes alarms make penny's difference.

3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I've used Carole Nash quite a bit over the years (car & travel ins too) and found their customer service good on the one occasion I had to claim (dickhead drove into the back of my stationary car)....BUT... they take the piss on renewals trying to up the premium each year and especially when I changed bikes, as you say loyalty counts for nothing.
    So every so often I take my business elsewhere, usually get a decent quote the following year if I go back, they've also price matched in the past too.
    Trouble is price matching winds me up:mad:, seems like they're saying we'll screw you sucker if you don't do your homework....
    And I'm lazy, pain in the arse doing the rounds answering all those questions.

4. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I am in for a painful search as mine is due for renewal in December :eek:. I bet they will screw me over with their renewal quote.

5. jhero

jhero New Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Milton Keynes
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I am a cat C area, although this a very broad brush way of calculating the risk area as my postcode covers a rough area but is mostly rather la de da BMW's, Jaguars and Mercedes (not me personally however)
    It does a give inclination to what goes through an insurers mind though

7. Waynedarcie

Aug 31, 2016
    Southport
    Just rang up and cancelled my insurance with carol nash.
    Went on go compare and got a qoute from bennetts for £125 .a big saving .

• Like Like x 2
  8. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Good stuff Wayne, enough of a saving there for drinks all round.

• Like Like x 1
  9. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Carol nash ripped me off for a mid season change of bike, £180.00 :eek: As it was midway and i have 2 bikes with them i paid up but they will loose my partner and myself soon. Just laughed at my that's too dear complaint.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Yep, used to rate them, but too expensive now. Think they're heading for a crash:eek: if they don't sort themselves, bikers aren't mugs and word soon gets around. Their calendar's even second rate last few years! :)
    I'm with Principal Insurance this year (nice calendar ;))

11. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Mine is due for renewal end of Dec with CN. Will be very wary of their renewal price, I have always haggled them down before but will do a full diligence before handing over my hard earned.

12. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Don't forget if you paid by c card they will just deduct it anyhow :mad:

13. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    That's typical of insurance company. They don't care about customers. It's all about how much they can squeeze out of your. I know I'm going to get ripped off by CN this December renewal. You just have to keep moving with cheaper insurance company based in uk under our laws. Gone are the times of loyalty of staying with the same insurance company.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Waynedarcie

Aug 31, 2016
    Southport
    They started of at £370 .haggle die them down to £250.
    It really cheeses me off they can't give you there best quote 1st time.
    If a company did that they'd end up with nearly all the business. Instead they just want to take the p*ss and hope you trusting enough or just can't be bothered to have a look round for a better deal.
    Twocks

15. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Compulsory by law but a completely unregulated industry, that is how the barstewards get away with it, charge what they want, don't pay out for the slightest small print anomaly and penalise you for the slightest offence.
    Hey up I'm off on one!

• Like Like x 2
  16. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Mine comes out as a 'C', not bad as it's an Edinburgh code, could be worse as EH1-10 & 14 is E*.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Yes, I've had "discussions" with CN regarding the legality of automatically using my card details the following year without my permission. Gave me BS about legal requirement for continuous insurance. Doesn't give them permission to access my bank account imo, needless to say I cancelled and went elsewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Waynedarcie

Aug 31, 2016
    Southport
    I'm a D*.
    Motorbikes must be locked in a secure garage .
    WTF.

19. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Solution found!
    I am currently selling a 10' x 8' shed/bike garage, check it out in the classified forum
    Fully lockable.
    Job sorted and a kick in the bo***cks for the insurance co.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    CN wanted £380. 94R 2015. 9+ Years protected NCD, bike garaged, D* area, helmet and leathers cover, breakdown inc home start, legal protection, courtesy bike. Tried to get them down and succeeded to a point. £255 without helmet and leathers (which he only declared when pushed) which brought it to £290. Obviously cancelled. Their argument was they could match last years premium as I paid £250 all in last year. I didn't, I was QUOTED £250, but paid £180. A rise of £200 for another year without a claim, my self preservation gene becoming even stronger, and about 3000 miles travelled. They can poke it.

Go compare brought up £134 cheapest but no breakdown or helmet and leathers. Went with Bennetts additions for £172 everything all in. No brainier really.

Insurance renewal time just drains the life force right out of ya don't it?

Atb

Bob

• Like Like x 2