Installed Dart Marlin Windscreen And Denali Soungbomb Mini..a Report

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Photog_Steve, Mar 26, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Photog_Steve

Photog_Steve Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2021
    Massachusetts
    1.) I do notice a difference when riding with the Dart Marlin at speeds of 60-75 mph. Not a huge difference but just enough to make riding a bit more comfortable.

2.) Replaced the stock OEM "toy" horn with the "Denali Soundbomb Mini" and it is DEFINITELY a more robust and louder sound. It's a plug and play install. Just had to bend the existing horn bracket slightly to give it enough distance from the hot exhaust pipes. Put some Loctite on the nut, and put some clear silicone around the spade-connectors to make sure they didn't pop off in time.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Hybrid81

Hybrid81 New Member

Sep 28, 2018
    Delaware
    Glad to hear about the Denali. I’ve been thinking about picking one up myself.

As for the Marlin, I took mine off at the end of last summer, possibly for good. Aside of allowing a ton of air to hit my chest area and cool me down, it also stopped wind from running straight up into my helmet, reducing a fair amount of turbulence.

There are times when I wish I still had it on, like when I’m fully tucked moving at a height rate of speed. That’s far from my regular riding position though and that benefit wasn’t worth it overall. Not bad for the chillers parts of Spring/Fall though.

• Like Like x 1