Indicator issues

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Richard H, Jul 15, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    On return from a ride out on my 2012 Speed Triple at the weekend the mrs said my indicator was drooping. Sadly she was right and the stem of the indicator had snapped and was hanging by the wire. It's had no impact and on checking the other 3 and the wife's 2012 Street Triple we have found two more cracked at the plastic mountings. Looks like another trip back to the dealer with both bikes.

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Think Screwball posted about a possible recall re indicators in April but I have heard nothing from Triumph

3. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    Yeah mine were changed on a recall back in April this year.

4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    I already had the led indicators on mine, so no need to change... But yes it was a recall.. Pop down to your dealer say your aware of a recall and get yours sorted

5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Phoned them today neither of our bikes had the right vin numbers for the recall. They are still going to change them though. Hoped that we could just drop in today to Pidcocks but the service girl said no as its a two hour job on the Street Triple????? :eek: 1/2 hour to change 1 rear one on my Speed Triple??? Can that be true?

6. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    I think it's getting access and connecting the wiring that takes the time.

7. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Even though only one indicator failed and my bike was not involved in the recall Triumph Nottingham (Pidcocks) changed all of them under warranty :upyeah:
    Same is happening to the wife's 2012 Street Triple but that also is having its headlights changed under a recall (think the lenses on some bikes can crack)

Fingers crossed for no more warranty issues

8. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    I had my headlights changed under warranty, I noticed some stain on the glass as if the lens had melted. I am still waiting for the gear washer to be changed ?