In Car Dab Scotland

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by chuk, Feb 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    That’s a good idea there is a technician on other shift has dab,see him next week gonna ask what he recieved and take it fae there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    Feckin ell there's some youngsters on here! First car, CD player, i reckon there must be some who aint heard of 8 tracks or casettes. They didnt come fitted and flying off the dashboard with fierce braking was a minor inconvenience rather than the safety issue it would be today

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    Going to have a roof top amplified antenna fitted I don’t fancy pulling headlining down etc,I’ve tried both a widescreen mount and a supposed good quality roof mag mount kinetic dma-1004 no difference,dabonwheels have offered refund I never even knew they had a 45 day satisfaction guarantee,so it’s going back I know I will need roof mounted amplified job my buddy has kadjar built in dab and gets more stations than I can get he stays in same village,just need to research what best rated roof mount dab aerial to get fitted and who to go to Glasgow or paisley area,any recommendations for fitters or aerials appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    I asked for some advice from a local business that does ice installs thinking he would have some knowledge,wtf I told him what set up I had and he said oh the mag mount is your problem just fit the supplied windscreen antenna and problem solved,well I did fit the one that came with head unit how this guy makes a living with crap advice like that fuck knows,deffo need roof mounted amplified one he did say he could supply and fit for about £100 but with shit advice like he gave the jobs not going to him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BrianJam

BrianJam New Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Portugal
    @chuk so you're not happy with your Kenwood? What model did you get?
    Sorry for being off topic.

I'm in the process of upgrading my stock stereo and looking for a good one.

From my research Kenwood is a good option. But can't make up my mind. All the reviews I've read so far are hype garbage. Actually I've tracked down a site that tells it how it is. I was eyeing the DDX9704S double din thanks to the review.

Can you tell me how bad the is the screen glare? What about the price is there enough value to justify it?

I'm open for suggestions

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    C8DF5820-F269-4074-8B7F-D8C3CED511AB.jpeg 7F9060B4-01F0-43E9-B5FE-59738022A899.jpeg The head unit is fine no issues with that but the antenna was the problem,cost of dropping the headliner was nearly as much as the stereo,I ended up using a £10 Halfords magmount which for the money is a good setup,I do have a proper roof mount but grudge paying at least £60 fitting one hours labour maybe two,far better choice of stations don’t use FM at all now.

• Like Like x 2