Immobiliser Draining Battery

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Daryl Bromley, May 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Daryl Bromley

Daryl Bromley New Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Shropshire
    Hi, Got a tiger 800 xrt 16 plate. The battery is flattening after 5 days and mechanic has traced it to the immobiliser, when he takes the fuse out the drain stops, any ideas why this is happening, could it be one of the relays which the fuse affects to the dash as has been suggested. Thanks in anticipation. Daryl.

2. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    The Daytona T595 / 955i always had problems with the alarm/immobiliser they just used to get taken off. I've not come across one that still had it fitted.

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yes the immobiliser does drain the battery, how old is the battery? It could be on its way out, it can be a long drawn out process. Best to consider a new one.

4. Daryl Bromley

Daryl Bromley New Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Shropshire
    Its a brand new battery.

5. Daryl Bromley

Daryl Bromley New Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Shropshire
    It is a new battery, fully checked, correct one.

6. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    If it takes 5 days to drain the battery just get an Optimate and keep it plugged in when it's parked up. The bike is never going to sit for 5 days unused outside of the garage so it will be fine. Or do you mean 5 days while being used? If that's the case it can't be charging properly.

7. Daryl Bromley

Daryl Bromley New Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Shropshire

8. Daryl Bromley

Daryl Bromley New Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Shropshire
    5 days if not used, we were coming to the conclusion to use a optimate, finding what is draining the battery could be a long and expensive option, thanks a lot for your help and advice. Daryl.

• Like Like x 2
  9. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Ah!

10. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You haven’t got any unknown electrics connected or connectors earthing under the seat maybe? Things for heated stuff or satnavs, tracker?
    Edit* most trackers have their own power source but you never know

11. Daryl Bromley

Daryl Bromley New Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Shropshire
    I think it's all sorted, someone walked into workshop and while talki ng to James about my bike noticed a light blinking under topbox plate, turns out a datatool tracker had been fitted which I didn't know about, and was drawing a constant 4ma, perhaps the battery in it was dead so was constantly trying to charge up. Tracker now disconnected so hopefully problem solved. Thanks for the help peeps.

Daryl

• Like Like x 3
  12. Daryl Bromley

Daryl Bromley New Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Shropshire
    I think it's all sorted, someone walked into workshop and while talki ng to James about my bike noticed a light blinking under topbox plate, turns out a datatool tracker had been fitted which I didn't know about, and was drawing a constant 4ma, perhaps the battery in it was dead so was constantly trying to charge up. Tracker now disconnected so hopefully problem solved. Thanks for the help peeps.

Daryl

• Like Like x 2