Ignition Pick-up Coil Scrambler 2006 Carburate

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by 84nemesis, May 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 84nemesis

84nemesis New Member

May 31, 2018
    Avellino (italy)
    Hi boys,
    I have a trouble with my scrambler '06 carburate. The motorcycle dont' start. The battery i and the starter's motor in ok but I discovered there in no power to plugs. I read some forum's threads an I think my problem is ignition's pick-up. I finded the relative connector and i misurered with tester (2k value) but i dont' have any measuremement! On the female part of connector i have 12v on one of two pin.
    What do you think about?
    I have two question?
    1) It's normal have no value of pick up? how is the correct value's ohm of ignition pick up?
    2) It's normal that only one of two female pin measures 12v?
    thank you boys and excuse my english!

2. almegro

almegro New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    hants
    hello,
    don't worry about your English it's fine. I think you need to measure the ohms on the x100 scale. it should be about 560.

• Like Like x 2
  3. almegro

almegro New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    hants
    If you fine you have the correct ohms it could well be the igniter unit not triggering the spark, don't think there is a way to test this apart from getting another .

• Like Like x 2
  4. 84nemesis

84nemesis New Member

May 31, 2018
    Avellino (italy)
    I measured 200k value but no result anyway. But it's normal there is only on one pin 12v (about connector from the igniter unit)?

thanks!

5. almegro

almegro New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    hants
    Sorry don't know the answer to the igniter pins offhand, hopefully someone else on here will have the answer to that. Back to the pick up ohms can you measure on the x100 scale and see if you have a reading

6. 84nemesis

84nemesis New Member

May 31, 2018
    Avellino (italy)
    Hiiiii thank you all! I had changed pick up himself and now it's all ok! Great work! Thank you!

IMG_8149.JPG

IMG_8147.JPG

• Like Like x 1