Ignition Barrel replacement options - Tiger 955i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Spectron, Dec 10, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Spectron

Spectron New Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Yorkshire,UK
    Hi all,

Some thieving scumbags tried to steal my Tiger 955i from work yesterday by smashing the ignition barrel. They didn't get far due to the blaring alarm and immobiliser and were intercepted by a friendly security guard.

Question is, could anyone let me know which triumph barrels might be compatible with my bike (2005 Tiger 955i with factory alarm)?

The number of Tigers in breakers and on eBay is quite slim and the number with intact barrels even smaller so spreading my options would certainly help.

Thanks

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Hi Spectron! Many people speak highly of Ivan at National Triumph in Wolverhampton who has an ebay shop. May well be worth giving him a call as he seems to be quite knowledgeable on all things Triumph bits!! Have no personal experience myself, just going on what I've heard.
    Oh, and welcome.
    Glad you've still got your bike!!:D

3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
  4. Spectron

Spectron New Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Yorkshire,UK
    Thanks all, I ended up biting the bullet and getting a replacement direct from Triumph. My friendly bike mechanic has a good relationship with them and with discount came to £105 inc VAT. Looked at a few being broken on eBay but surprisingly the barrels were either broken or already taken..