Ideas to make this forum more lively?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by BPunch, Dec 14, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BPunch

BPunch New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Like the title says, any ideas to make this forum more lively? Sort of boring to only have the same few people talking on the forums. Anybody belong to a biker club or gang that would be interested in talking about triumphs here?

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    If anyone is a Facebook member of any bike related groups they could post this forum's link with a like.
    Also you dont need to own a Triumph to join
    You dont need to be based in the UK to join

3. figaro

figaro New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Naked women and loud music always helps:upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
  4. edski675

edski675 New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Hello!!!!!!!!! Me new. Waves at Richard H. Told you I'd sign up:biggrin: Shame we can't all go for a ride but maybe a pleasure delayed rather than a pleasure denied.

5. KolTas

KolTas New Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I hope this forum will be very, very active really soon, i hope to see new active faces here ! In my opinion the best way to get new members is to buy ads on Facebook.

6. Lordoftheslots

Lordoftheslots New Member

Dec 8, 2012
    How do these ads go for? If it's not that much, i'm sure we can convince the admin to get a few if it means getting his forum more active.

7. RiderForLife

RiderForLife New Member

Dec 8, 2012
    How about linking all of the admin's bike forums together? I know he has a lot of different ones so he should just put a panel with the different bike forums.

8. Lordoftheslots

Lordoftheslots New Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Probably a good idea but I don't think rob checks this forum very much.

9. janner

janner New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    South Devon
    It seems a bit more active since the last time i logged in several months ago. I need new boots for my speedy maybe i should start a "which tyre" thread they always seem lively on a forum :eek:

10. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Re-posting the below post as I have already posted it in another thread....
    Has the Forum Owner considered merchandise which the members can buy to help advertise the forum??
    I'm thinking, Branded Hoodies with attitude for the street fighter triples, T's, beanies, snoods, patches, mugs and stickers etc...
    All helps to get the brand noticed and something I would of thought the members would want to buy...
    It seems to work for other Forums...
    Another idea is a downloadable flyer, members can print off and leave at bike meets etc....
    What do you reckon??

11. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Hi Guy's,

I'm Steve the new forum admin on here and as you've probably noticed over the last few day's it's had a good increase of members & dealers joining up due to the new facebook page I've set up.

Rob has kindly given me the opportunity to get the forum up and running, he has several forums + a full time business and a family so trying to juggle them all is very time consuming.

If any of you are on facebook then please share the page which will direct people to the site, I know that several dealers are helping to do this also.

I have a site called Conquest Carbon | here you can purchase performance parts for most bikes especially European bikes and all forum members get a discount too!!! I'm just trying to work out how to put an add on the forum page............Doh!

Also I'm able to supply any OEM Triumph parts at RRP so if there's ANYTHING you need just let me know :upyeah:

Regards merchandise......until we get a lot more members and a known quantity of clothing and accessories then we can start something but obviously it's down to initial ££££ & maybe profits from the merchandise can go to a charity (bike related or not)?

If anyone know's someone who manufactures clothing or accessories and they would like to contribute to a charitable cause then I think that would be a great start??

• Like Like x 1
  12. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Thanks for the work you have put in so far to get the forum up and running, think it has the potential to be as big or bigger than the sister Ducati site. I guess one or two people may be uncomfortable with the commercial side of all the dealers on the forum, but in my opinion if it brings in new members it can only be a good thing.

Cheers

Richard H

• Like Like x 1
  13. Conquest Racing Ltd

Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
  14. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    How about a forum twitter feed?

15. Conquest Racing Ltd

Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to twitter?

16. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Seen it done on another forum, basically once an account is set up you set about following other motorbike related twitter users, some once they see you following them will follow you in turn. Lots of racers are on there as well as MCN staff who have loads of followers; the forum tweets a message to publicise it's self and asks for a re-tweet from someone with loads of followers some of who then follow you.

Tweets or messages need to be kept short but links can be added and once set up the Facebook feed can be linked so when you post on facebook it also tweets the same message so there is little extra work involved in running it.

It's worth a little research time on twitter finding out who in the Triumph world is a twitter user and asking them to post a forum link on their feed, it does work and more and more businesses are using it.

Richard

• Like Like x 1
  17. Conquest Racing Ltd

Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    • Like Like x 2