Featured I Think 've Just Ruined My First Bike Experience

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Chubzilla, Mar 27, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chubzilla

Chubzilla Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    Yiuve sold it to me
    Mind you, I was always a Carmen electra guy

• Like Like x 1
  2. PatW

PatW New Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    I've had the opposite issue, after years of clip-ons rearsets etc, I find sitting upright equally uncomfortable. It's just muscle memory....you'll get used to it

3. Chubzilla

Subscriber

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    I never expected to hear that, I suppose everyone's body is different

4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising
    Subscriber

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    There is no right or wrong type of bike. I have rode and toured with guy's on sports bikes, adventure bikes and out and out touring bikes. It really does come down to what you are comfortable with. If you can afford it a couple of different bikes in the garage is the answer to your different riding styles...

5. Chubzilla

Subscriber

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    Until I actually got a bike I had never thought about having more than 1 but I'm constantly trying to figure out how I can justify giving up food and have a track bike instead.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    Have you got a Harley hidden away behind the Trumpets and Royal Oilfield you want to fess up about :laughing:

7. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    It would be nice to have more than 1 bike but it's all about priorities. If you ride a lot all year round then it can make sense, but it's expensive keeping a number of bikes on the road especially newer ones with multiple servicing tax and insurance costs not to mention depreciation. A lot will depend on your style of riding as things like a sports bike handle much better, are more likely to get you into trouble and are obviously more uncomfortable but are such fun. Not much use if you're of a certain age and just want to cruise along. Fortunately (or not) I've only got room in the garage for 1 bike. It's a hard life......

8. Chubzilla

Subscriber

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    I think it's just me being greedy , I'm happy with a car and a bike for now, I suppose .

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising
    Subscriber

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nope been there and done cruisers and would not go back to one now. Having said that I could be tempted on another 1200 speedmaster if I do get bored with the bikes that I currently have.

10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising
    Subscriber

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    As I said if you can afford it a couple of different bikes is the answer :):)

• Funny Funny x 1