I Really Hate Insurance Companies

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Jun 28, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Got my claim fully settled, my legal team were at the point of setting a court date when the other party yielded, got my cheque for the excess within a week.
    Told my current insurers and they returned£100 odd quid for reduced premium. I then need to obtain proof of NCB from previous insurers (Carolnash) which they got back to me in about two days, then get £600 back from current insurers.

Now back to full NCB but with two non fault claims.

Drift HD Ghost helmet cam cost £400 4 years ago and was saved me £0,000's
    It has helped the insurers and thus me resolve the two incidents, I can't really fault the insurance companies in this case
    I keep know my premium will be higher than it otherwise would be but I can't honestly complain

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Here we go again a tale of insurance companies who have a licence to steal your money.

1.25 Fiesta 2003 not a banger FSH 64000mls no points, no claims.
    I was quoted online and called to check the policy would be suitable to add my 17 year old son on in two weeks (his 17th birthday) and was assured it was.
    Called to add him on his birthday and was given the answer yes that will be an additional £2500!!!!!!!
    Robbing C8nts :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Cancelled the policy which cost me nearly £100!!!!!!!
    Went on line and got a policy for £501
    Why are they allowed to do this, who is policing them?
    Called to make a complaint and was told they had acted correctly (not morally though) and I should have got a quote when I'd checked in the first place (didn't know you could get a quote for a 16 year old to drive a car!! you CAN'T)
    Reported them to the FCA (another toothless, make the public think they have a voice agency)
    DO NOT USE
    1ST Central Insurance
    EVER

Fecking livid going out on the bike when I've calmed down and all the dickheads on the road are at the office.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Two renewal letters arrive on the same day, from my insurer.One for £40 less than the other.Online twenty minutes later, same company, £37 cheaper,again. WTF.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad: Agree mate....boils ya piss dunnit :mad:
    Gotta get NUDGERS sorted before the 3rd :confused: that’s the day I’m going to the Yorkshire pudding rally :p

5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Had a serious WTF moment yesterday, I am insured through Hastings, I have a 765RS and am changing to a KTM 1190 RC8R so I did an online change of vehicle request as the e-mail came back below;

"Thank you for your email,

We can confirm after speaking to our underwriters that we would not be able to cover your new vehicle.

This is because the underwriter considers that you haven't owned the bike long enough.

We apologise for any issues this may have caused."

I then called, I was told it's because the insurer didn't think I had enough time on the 765RS before moving up in engine size. I pointed out that most of my 15 years plus no claims had been on bigger cc bikes and that I had in fact owned the RS for more than a year, not as they believed just since I changed from Bennett's in May!
    They then kept me on hold for 25 mins while they talked direct to the insurer, eventually came back saying it would be OK to change but there would be an additional £64 which includes £25 'mid term' change admin fee ... skimming bastards!
    Just read through the amended policy and they have put the excess up to £600 as well!
    They seem to be able to skin you for what they want for any changes once you have a policy in place :mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Cheers DD, I missed that, I will be using it next time with that kind of prices.

7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Check out what DD and Little Ade posted today here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:( Just tried these :(
    :eek: £24 more expensive than my renewal quote :(

9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:( Tried Quidco quote
    Came back £1 dearer:( but with £18 cash back :grinning:
    But nowhere to tell them about my heart condition or towing a trailer or pillion or being able to ride other bikes etc :(
    Same company..Hastings :eek:
    Gonna try comparison sites in the morning and make a few phone calls :confused:

10. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Changed bike 6 months into the policy
    From £9,000 new 2016 Speed Triple R to a £5,300 2010 Speed Triple

They wanted an additional £300 to swap (Ageas insurer)
    I cancelled the policy and took out a new one (same broker different insurer) cost me an additional £25 for a full 12 month cover!
    I lose 6 months of no claim bonus but is a cheaper policy