I Only Wanted A Rear Tyre

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by TonyG, Mar 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Had my Bonnie booked in for several days now to have a new rear tyre fitted. Thought I'd go ahead as might need it if I'm called into work and it was barely legal. Wheeled the bike out and it wouldn't start. First time it has ever done this. Quick 45 minutes on the charger and it fired up, so probably need a new battery. Got to the garage, wheel off, when he was putting it back together he picked up the sprocket carrier and muttered ominously. Brought it over to show me and the bearing was completely trashed, I was lucky not to have the rear lock up on me! Also looks like the bearing failure may have put more pressure on the wheel bearings, so will likely have them changed as well.

All going to cost me loads, but it will be nice to have it all sorted, I've just changed the oil and put Hagon 2810s on the back. New tyre and bearings and it will all ready to ride, even the weather is lovely, but can't ride it because of the poxy virus.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Too true about the virus. If the government caught it earlier, we all be riding.
    Can't you buy the bearings and fit yourself in order to save money?

3. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I could do, but I rode it to a local independent garage and it wasn't safe to ride back, so thought I might as well let him do it. It shouldn't be that much in labour costs really. I'm trying to stick to the rules but I could be called in to work at Heathrow so wanted the bike as transport. It's not too problematic as I have other vehicles I can use.

Cheers