Featured I Have Strayed.........

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by andyb57, Sep 25, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Reevo

Reevo Active Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Birmingham
    Gorgeous 250 my brother had one of them when I had my 250 hustler

• Like Like x 1
  2. Philb714

Philb714 Senior Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Hereford, UK

Best forum for an XT is here...

https://www.tenere.co.uk/forum/index.php?sid=080982578bba2e8c07462e3ab2b1c11a

Well friendly, loads of good information & help across all models.

Here's mine... used in all weathers...

[​IMG]

Phil

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    Friend had a Hustler when I had my GT250, really wanted one or a T500. He had a huge Cibie headlamp, ki
    Thanks Phil will take a look. Do you bother with acf50 or whatever?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    If you like it to stay nice, you can cover them in WD40 after each wash which is cheaper and generally easier to use than ACF50

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Philb714

Philb714 Senior Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Hereford, UK
    #25 Philb714, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    I've only just (yesterday) cleaned the wheels and wiped each spoke with a rag soaked in ACF50, a bit time consuming but it stops the rust worm nibbling away at them... I also wiped over all the bolts I could find with the rag too, it doesn't look that pretty but it stops the salt from attacking the bike over the winter.

The engine and everywhere else I spray with a good coating of WD40 & keep doing that all through the winter.

Come the end of the gritting season I clean everything off with white spirit and / or a detergent and she looks sparkly again! :)

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I had a hustler, loved it, it was candy flake orange and white plus all the chrome bits. The chrome didn't weather too well though, especially the front end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Just as a matter of interest, does that AJS have a price tag on it ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Reevo

Reevo Active Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Birmingham
    Mine was orange! Lovely revvy stroker
    My following 500 cobra was also metallic two tone orange
    The 500 wasn’t much quicker than the hustler in real terms but pulled so much better esp two up
    We definitely had the best days of motorcycling

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    No. But I do intend to ask next time I'm passing and the shop is open - it does keep strange times.:confused: Will post it here when I find out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Reevo
    Had my first accident on a Hustler very young at the time and was racing my mate on his 200 invader along the Ballymoney straight from Portrush. The clutch cable I had fitted was miles to long and overtaking a car it went into his bumper and Woh off I went must have somersaulted for miles. Smashed my beautiful bike to pieces.
    Regards
    Joe.

11. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    Blimey. Bet you trim cables now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    Blimey. Bet you trim cables now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Andy57
    Since that day I have always purchased the cable marked for the bike and still tidy them away neat. Then I had just left school was a nutcase and anything would do as long as I could fit it. My mate Willie on his two hundred faired of worse couple of weeks later he went through a hawthorn hedge. We never did find his helmet and not that it would have been any good. He spent the next few weeks on life support and even when he recovered he was all misshaped and limping and his speech was almost gone. He passed away a few years ago so any time I go home I take some flowers for his resting place. He was my true friend. Willy John McBride I miss you mate.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Reevo

Reevo Active Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Birmingham
    200 invader now there’s a bike that brings back memories
    A local lad had one with a big alloy racing tank and seat
    He used to be flat out everywhere
    Don’t know what happened to him he just vanished

• Like Like x 1
  15. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    That was tough Joe :( . When I think back to how we used to ride in our teens, and with so little protection, makes me sweat! A few years later in Cyprus I fell off the back of a mate's new Z750, I thought he was going to change into 3rd but he gunned it in 2nd. I was hanging on to the grab rail, my feet came off the pegs and I ended up rotating around the rail. I decided I should bail, I dropped off and slid onto the side of the road - no helmet, wearing jeans, got away with a couple of grazes. Fortunatetely there were no parked cars, no kerbs, etc and very dusty roads so my angel was definitely watching over me that evening.

• Like Like x 2
  16. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Andy57
    Yes I agree. We did some stupid stuff. Bikes tied together with wire and tape. Hell but didn't we have a whail of a time. Can't remember how many times we were flying along the road with the police chasing. Willie was my best friend. I he was in trouble then so was I. But life is a bitch sometimes. Reevo yes the 200's could fly and quite often did. I remember them well and the Hustler and the super six. Boy I am glad my boys weren't allowed to do things like we did. And I try not to tell them about my biking past.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    The bloke in the shop (Brian, an ex police biker) is asking £2750 for it. Genuine 1966 (D reg) CSR according to the engine number. Apparently the previous owner used to get it out, fire it up and polish it before putting it away again. It's not original - mudguards are alloy, tank has been painted blue and silver as opposed to being blue and chrome (I believe). It may well be oiltight as there is no sign of leaks, but that may be due to lack of oil (doubtful) or much cleaning/polishing. No oil on the carpet as far as I could see! Little or no rust on it as far as I can make out - although a bit of surface rust on the chrome rims, which may well polish, out is present. A few chips on the black paint can be seen. Not a concours bike by any means, but more of what is probably termed a genuine, honest bike more for riding than showing. I would love to buy it for that very reason, but SWMBO has vetoed any chance of that! BUGGER!!!! Needs a new battery as well, although that may well be included from what was said. Flexible on price, but not by much - another bloody Yorkshireman!!
    Nice piece of kit though. A genuine 'no pressure' type of bike. Lovely. SIGH!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Sounds to be a good buy for someone. Yes, the tank would have been chrome and very nice too. I can remember seeing my mate on his 250 AJS years ago once his dad had finished working on it. It looked and sounded the dogs danglies. Very tempting but not really got the room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    You sound like me - that one, no that one, oooh that one . I’ve spent a bit of time this week moving other people’s stuff around in the garage to make room for me to work on bikes. Stood in there this morning and realised there’s now a 3rd bike sized space as well.............

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. LOVE big singles, i've had a fair few over the years, mostly enduro/trail bikes. but had a few supermoto's as well.
    Lots of fun to be had in the dirt, i can't be arsed with all the maintenance and cleaning it involves these days though.

IMG_1146.JPG

CCM644DUALSPORT001_zpsfda84f17.JPG

DRZ400S 017.JPG

ktm 350 002.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

• Like Like x 4