I Have A Dilemma

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Peter Stokes, Jul 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Interesting....which points do you use to take the bikes weight when hoisting?
    Not familiar with your model...all mine were Bonneville America's and the exhausts run lower than the frame rails which always made lifting it a bit awkward

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I have a similar lift and used it to great effect on my thruxton and it rested nicely on the frame , wen I changed to a 2 into 1 exhaust the pipes were lower than the frame so I nailed some Velcro to some short lengths of 2x1 and then attach them to the frame. It clears the pipes nicely now
    C2B15643-28BC-4F0C-9B22-6457FE9F0282.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Good idea....I have the same problem on my Thunderbird 1600 and have jacked it up on the cat before now( meow!) as it looks a fairly substantial chunk of metal...but not ideal.....I'll see if I can try your solution on the tbird

4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Ditto with a sliver of ply so it sits on frame.

5. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I also took off my centrestand but kept it in case I needed it. It only takes minutes to fit or remove. I think mine was an after market one, looked crap and was ungainly so never used it when it was on the bike. Plus, these bikes can do with all the weight loss you can throw at them.

• Agree Agree x 1