Featured Thruxton I Couldn’t Resist...

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Fredrik Käll, Jul 30, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Thanks, yeah they are a good bit of kit

2. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Two beautiful bikes and was considering buying both too until Triumph threw in the Rocket curveball. Decisions, decisions...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    That rear paddock stand looks like it’ll be suitable for the Speed Twin. Any chance of a floor to bottom of the hook measurement and the minimum/maximum adjustment on the width. I’ve borrowed a few different stands but they leave too large a gap under the rear tyre, the worst being almost 5” with a BMW stand. I guess it’s because of the larger wheels they use.

4. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    Dated April '17, but still quite helpful and there is a Harris stand in there. I was at the BSB practice at Thruxton yesterday and everyone uses the Harris stands.

Attached Files:

5. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Fredrik. Is there enough performance difference in the bikes to warrant both or are they very similar performance wise?
    I realise that the riding position is obviously different but wondered if you had the choice again that you would have bought both.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    it will definitely fit the Speed Twin as it’s near identical to the Thruxton Standard,
    If you still want measurements I’ll get in the garage tomorrow.

7. Fredrik Käll

Fredrik Käll Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Sweden

No, not really. Apart from what you say there are not so many differences. The Öhlins is ”nice to have” but I like the dampers on the Speed as well.
    However, I sort bought the speed for my wife but she doesn’t ride that much.
    Now I can use the Speed for some commuting and if I have to bring a bag, that is so much easier on the Speed.

But, the looks and the handling of the TTR!!!! I just love that bike.

F

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    And if you can why not, good on you F

• Like Like x 2
  9. Colin Morgan

Colin Morgan Active Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Portishead
    Hi Fredrik
    Lovely bikes you have there. Enjoy
    All the best

10. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    that would be great or even the gap between the wheel and the ground next time your bike is on its stand. I contacted Harris, but they don't have any available to take measurements off (or to sell either!!!)