Hydraulic Pre-load Adjuster

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Burny_13, Oct 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Burny_13

Burny_13 Active Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Reading
    Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone here had fitted, or tried fitting a hydraulic pre-load adjuster onto their Ohlins TTX equipped speed triple?

I have seen that Ohlins list the part as an option for the shock, and other bikes have it fitted as standard, I was just interested to know whats involved with fitting it? (straight fit?, new spring? etc)

Cheers,

Chris.

2. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Not sure on that one Chris. Maybe inquire at a suspension shop that’s an Ohlins dealer. Personally I don’t think sag needs to be reset after a “proper” setup. Now, if you’re riding two up or carrying luggage then it might be a good idea.

3. Burny_13

Burny_13 Active Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Reading
    Thats why I want it, my parter has decided she likes the back of the Speedy!!

I am looking to replace my harley with an adventure bike though, so I may park this idea until the summer. Just need to decide IF I really am too young for a tiger at 27.

4. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I see. I don’t think you can be too young for an adventure bike imo. Oh, and sorry to hear your partner likes the back of the speedy :(.

• Funny Funny x 1