Hughenden M40

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by Wessa, Oct 8, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Robr

Robr Member

Oct 9, 2018
    OXFORDSHIRE
    Thanks Joe. BMW went from here in 2000 three years before I took over.
    We still get BMW calls though!

2. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Rob - good to know you guys will carry on. I used to frequent a small Vauxhall dealer in Wycombe that lost it's franchise, went indie, and were just as helpful and efficient as before but without the constraints put on them by the brand.

If you promise Bruce will still be there you'll also continue to get my business as he's a gold mine of helpful advice and common sense!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Robr

Robr Member

Oct 9, 2018
    OXFORDSHIRE
    Yes Bruce is still here!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Gotta admit I am a fan of Bruce.
    Always has decent advice or anecdotes and time for every customer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Robr

Robr Member

Oct 9, 2018
    OXFORDSHIRE
    Thank you for that. It is very much appreciated.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Hi Rob,Even though I live in Northamptonshire I used to come to your dealership for services and talk to bruce and I bought a new triumph from you,i personally think you are well rid of them,their prices are astronomical and the reason I no longer have one,there are manufacturers looking for a dealer franchise,like the german brand HOREX for example or as you say just be a good bike shop[something my town is crying out for] I will still be visiting,glad you are still continuing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tricky159

Tricky159 Member

Jul 15, 2018
    South Wales
    I bought a 1986 BMW K75C from them in 1987 it was a BMW dealership then.

8. Robr

Robr Member

Oct 9, 2018
    OXFORDSHIRE
    Thank you. I am looking forward to being able to do the things I want and not be dictated to by a manufacture. It will take a while to adjust and as long as we remain busy enough I think things will only get better!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Robr

Robr Member

Oct 9, 2018
    OXFORDSHIRE
    Thank you. I am looking forward to being able to do the things I want and not be dictated to by a manufacture. It will take a while to adjust and as long as we remain busy enough I think things will only get better!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    My Tiger 800 came from Hughenden - a 2-year old at 2-year old price but only 300 miles on the clock, and looked new, so was well chuffed. Always enjoy the mid-summer ride over from far side of MK for its annual service, and a borrow of something interesting for the day.

I wish them (you, Rob) great success, and I'll probably continue to pop over, although I'm only 10 minutes from Woburn.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Robr

Robr Member

Oct 9, 2018
    OXFORDSHIRE
    Thanks you for the support , much appreciated. It is a nice ride from MK across country with some great roads and we will always have a loan bike for you when your service is due. Just speak to Bruce to book it in when you are ready.

12. eaoloi0

eaoloi0 New Member

Aug 18, 2018
    UK
    sorry to hear of this Rob. All the best to you and Bruce and team. I will still be coming to you guys for service and advice. E

13. Robr

Robr Member

Oct 9, 2018
    OXFORDSHIRE
    Thank you for your support. It is very much appreciated by all of us at the shop.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    I'm a new triumph owner (Speed Triple 955) and I already feel the comforting arm of HM40 has my back having had a couple of good chats with Bruce and a bike check.

Not sure what benefits were lost by the triumph dealership, but they have a new customer in me regardless.

I feel part of a family, long may it reign.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Welcome aboard Daniel. Good to hear. Just bear in mind he no longer has access to the latest Triumph software updates. Maybe not so much of a concern with an older bike, but something to think about with modern ones. Enjoy the ride.

16. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    I would think with all the contacts they have, it won’t be long before they have all the updates on their diagnostic kit. The good news for Hughenden is that no new Triumph dealership is currently on the horizon in Oxfordshire, I’m not riding all the way to Swindon so I’ll use Hughenden for my annual MOT and service.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Simply not possible, unless they have some hacking ability.

18. Robr

Robr Member

Oct 9, 2018
    OXFORDSHIRE
    I have been in the trade for 35 years and good relationships built up over this time with many dealers. I do not need to " hack" anything I just need to ask!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Fair enough Rob. That's good to know, because you definitely have a good reputation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. typeo123

typeo123 Member

May 25, 2017
    Berkshire, UK
    Hughenden M40 are relocating and will only be dealing with used bikes. 25% off what accessory and clothing stock they have at the current premises.