How to find and install triumph fuel maps?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by metbandit1, Mar 12, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Ive received my triumph cans from conquest and im looking at installing them tomorrow. Ive heard there's a lead and a program I can get that can be used with a laptop to reprogram my ECU with the latest arrow map.

Does anyone know exactly what it is and where I can find it?

2. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hi Met, not sure about the lead, the maps I seem someone on here going on about a website that has all the remap s... Just dammed if I can find it now .....

3. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Hi mate,

Just pinched this from another forum however I think the best tune is from a dealer as they will have the most modern setup available for you..........

after every power train change (exhaust, air filter, spark plugs, etc.) you should give the ECU a change to adapt. This is called by some the 12 minute tune. The reality is that it doesn't take 12 minutes but without a computer hooked up you need to make sure to give it enough time do this. So the procedure is to start with the bike cold and to start the bike without touching the throttle and to let it idle without touching the throttle until the fan comes on. This will take approximately 12 minutes. Thus the name. This eliminate a lot of the deceleration popping and throttle issues that are created by making a exhaust change like this. Also if your dealer installs a new tune for you this will need to be done again. Unless the dealer resets it and makes sure it's readapted for you.

4. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Ill give that a try once ive installed them then and see how that goes. ECUs these days generally adapt anyway don't they to suit air/fuel mixture?

5. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    How did you get on met?

• Like Like x 1
  6. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Not had the chance to fit them yet :( , had a couple of busy days at work. Im hoping to do it tonight.

7. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    OMG Metbandit get them on man.... Get said bike in the kitchen, crack a beer and crack on!! :upyeah:

8. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Im planning on getting them done this morning...hopefully....while packing for holiday, and getting ready to go out for lunch... haha

• Like Like x 2
  9. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Met, they on now then???

10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    The free program is called Tune-ecu.. it connects to a plug under the seat and enables you to load dealer maps, modified maps and also allows to to tailor them to your bike... Tuneboy is another program but you need to pay for that one..

Try this website as it give details, maps and also tell you where to get the cable... TuneECU_Start
    Basically all dealer programs are generic so it will be the same program and settings no matter where you are...
    Im not an expert but have uploaded maps to my superduke when i changed the exhaust...

For reference when i changed the SD Exhaust to a full Akraprovic i had it remapped by by local KTM dealer.
    They installed the KTM recommended map and i rode the bike... BUT my fuel consumption went from 120 per tank to 80-85 per tank...
    When i had the bike rolling roaded the fuelling was so rich it was off the chart... Of course the Superduke map was for All super dukes no matter where... death valley or the alps...
    Once rolling roaded and with a power commando the bike was transformed and fuel consumption was massively improved..

• Like Like x 1
  11. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Cheers for the help guys, not done it yet as ive been pretty busy at work but im planning on trying it soon.

• Like Like x 1