How Loud Is The 955i Daytona Tor High Level Can?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Doc Strange, Apr 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    HI

Wondered if anyone was running one of these and knew how loud they were?

One has come up for sale on the FB Daytona group and they do look a lot prettier than the original.

However, they are louder than the original and I was worried about using one on a trackday as more of them have noise limits now.

Any info much appreciated.

DS

2. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    They seem to vary. I'm now on my third one which I think sounds nice without being too loud, (although not meant for road use). I got fed up with the first two as they sounded really raspy to me. You won't know until you try it really. They do look nice, they just look right on the bike. If you know anyone who can fabricate a link pipe I have a brand new one of the later two-piece design you could have cheap.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Thanks for that - from what you say, I think I'll hold as don't want to fail a noise test when I next go to Donny. It's crazy, they restrict the noise but it's right next to East Midlands Airport!

Will probably fit an aftermarket and store the original for the full resto planned when I retire in 10 years>

Cheers!

DS