How Long??!!!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Herman66, Mar 3, 2020.

1. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Brilliant mate :grinning:
    The Speedmaster is a fantastic bike and I would definitely have another one :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Nice one mate glad to hear your old mans improving.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Thanks mate, as long as its not mine!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Great news mate. Don't forget the pictures when you get it......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Thanks Wessa,
    Looking forward to it, cant seem to upload any pictures to this site, tried several times, for hours at a time with no luck.
    Sent @Rob an email explaining the problem with no luck.

6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Have you tried reducing the size of your pictures; this might work. Then just use the upload button, give it a try....

7. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Thanks Wessa, will do, the images I tried are all within the stated size, I thought it may be because I use my mobile phone to upload. I had no trouble uploading my profile photo through my mobile though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That is a bit strange.. I use both my laptop and mobile Iphone to upload photo's without any problems.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    Great news Herman, that knocks a big chunk off the waiting time. I have to upload pictures off my phone, my laptop can't seem to be bothered, even when I threaten it with Mr Lump hammer.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    @littleade yes exactly my thoughts, it must be almost as frustrating for the dealers to see an excited and happy customer worn down by false expectations. To be fair to the dealership, they did say March for delivery so would have been 1 month overdue.
    Its almost like the dealers have to squeeze the bikes out of Triumph. I cant imagine the Speedmasters are that popular and I can't help thinking production for the Rocket has taken priority.
    Anyway, still not holding my breath, 'It ain't over till the fat lady sings....' maybe that's what I will name her 'the fat lady' @dilligaf
    I usually name a vehicle in the end although not all the time.
    My van is called 'Mixy' after the reg and the fact that she tends to veer all over the place ( not really) like a diseased rabbit.
    I named my HD 883 Iron 'Roxy'
    due to the gorgeous but rather glam silver flake livery ( Roxy Music)and my HD Lowrider 'Pearl' again after the paint job. Nothing is sticking out for me on this bike though and the reg is non descript..

• Like Like x 2
  11. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Resized_20200324_121142.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Well, finally got the bike, I had a feeling on Tuesday that the dealership would not get it to me so I left work grabbed my helmet and drove my van to the dealership. Got there at 9.10, spoke to the owner and he got the techs to finish the bike for me and after lunch I drove away just as they shut the doors for an unknown time. My salesman wasnt even there, no phone call nothing, so if I hadn't have turned up on my own I would have no bike and no large deposit which I had stupidly given them on January 18th.
    I have only been able to do 150miles because of the lockdown but I love it.
    But if I am honest buying this bike was far from an enjoyable experience, I have had to fight tooth and nail to extract this bike from the clutches of Triumph and an uninterested salesman.

• Like Like x 4
  13. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Glad you got your bike at last despite the difficulties but probably the staff at the dealership are as freaked out as most of the population about the health & economic effect of the virus. I had my Street Scrambler in the dealers for some bits to be fitted the day before they shut down and they were not their usual selves... they’re just very worried... will be great to get out riding again when it’s all over...if we and our loved ones survive... I’m only 50/50 on that bet .. keep safe

• Like Like x 1
  14. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    @cliverdee, thanks, yes they did a great job getting my bike finished for me, you could see the worry on their faces through fear of losing their livelihoods. I have also been stopped from going to work even though I am a gardener and I work completely on my own. Now I gave to find the money to pay for this bike...stay safe

15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Glad you finally got your bike @Herman66 . Shame it has not been as simple and enjoyable as it could have been.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Thanks @Wessa

17. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    Lovely looking bike Herman, pity we're on lockdown and can't enjoy our bikes for a while. All this nice sunshine we're now having, and I'm decorating the bedroom :(:(

• Like Like x 1