How enthusiastic are Triumph owners for the brand?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by alanp, Apr 28, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. alanp

alanp New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    UK
    Pleased to see this UK based Triumph forum up and running.
    I'm interested to see how enthusiastic UK Triumph owners are for forums compared to the Ducati owners on their forum. Are Triumph owners as brand enthusiastic as the Ducatisti?
    My gut feeling is they aren't, except for the 'classic' boys. Am I right or wrong?

2. Triple675er

Triple675er New Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Me too. Good to see a UK forum start. I use Triumph RAT which appears to be a US forum, which lacks the localised UK stuff.

3. Ruffss

Ruffss New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Hi Alan,
    Know you from Ducatisti. I love Triumph as a brand. Have a Hinckley T100, and a Daytona 675. Both fantastic bikes.
    Ducati have a history, romance and cachet, that the Hinckley firm has not had time, yet, to build. I suspect a generation has forgotten or never knew the Meriden bikes, and the stories and achievements around them. Everyone thinks the bikes leaked, rattled and could not not compete with the Japanese machines on offer at the time.
    That we have a popular and successful bike manufacturer here in UK is a cause for celebration. Their range of bikes is great, they work and are affordable.
    If I didnt have my Ducati, I'd be perfectly happy with my Trumpets.
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
  4. alanp

alanp New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    UK
    I agree Steve. I love both my Triumph Thunderbird 1600 and Ducati '06 999S.
    I can't stand the old Brit Triumphs but I'm a BSA fan so you'd expect me to say that :D.
    Alan

5. bri

bri New Member

May 1, 2012
    kendal lake district
    i hope there is as much around the uk interest as there is here in the lakes daytona, speed triple and tiger numbers are high here and i also agree the rat forum has some good info, but i mostly usa based im the proud owner of a speed triple and love iti tried superbikes not for me im afraid i love the attitude of the speedy :)

6. Spudda

Spudda Member

May 2, 2012
    Penn, Nr Wolverhampton
    I'm quite enthusiastic for the brand ... owning a Daytona650 helps but I have got a lot of Triumph branded clothing

7. pig moustache

pig moustache New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Maidstone , Kent , UK.
    im enthusiastic for the triumph brand , i sold my old sprint st about a year and half ago and now i am an owner of a new street triple and I'm loving it.

8. Reedy

Reedy Member

May 7, 2012
    great british brand

9. schlumpf

schlumpf New Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Hampshire / UK
    I'm a triple fan.
    just great the Triumph thinks along my lines.

10. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    The Ducati brand has a great history of motor racing and a reputation for highly disirable expensive bikes which does create enthusiasm for their owners who are proud to be part of the club. My last bike was a Ducati but I feel just as proud to own a Triumph.
    Even if you don't own a Triumph we in Britain should be proud of what John Bloor has achieved at Hinkley. It's sad that so far there is not greater support for this Forum after all there are many Triumph owners in the UK, you've only got to go to Matlock Bath today to see.

11. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    agree... I was no more proud of ownership when i had a ducati ( 900ss) than the Triumph. I live in Leicestershire were there made. also there are other Triumph forums (Triumph Torque) which are very active, but this one is fairly new. good thing is we are in it from the start.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Has the Forum Owner considered merchandise which the members can buy to help advertise the forum??
    I'm thinking, Branded Hoodies with attitude for the street fighter triples, T's, beanies, snoods, patches, mugs and stickers etc...
    All helps to get the brand noticed and something I would of thought the members would want to buy...
    It seems to work for other Forums...
    Another idea is a downloadable flyer, members can print off and leave at bike meets etc....
    What do you reckon??

• Like Like x 1