Horrible morning!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by NC81, Feb 18, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. NC81

NC81 New Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Essex
    #1 NC81, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Morning all,

firstly, some stupid car driver undertook me on a roundabout which caused me to go into the centre of a lane, which had ice and i almost crashed, recovered fine and carried on - swearing at her a lot.

I got to work and just outside the office i dropped my beloved S3 that i've only owned for 3 weeks :(. I'm slightly too short for it and went to put my foot down, misjudged the curve in the road and the bike hit an angle, once it got to that angle i just couldn't hold it and it fell.

I cried and i feel sick to my stomach.

The right indicator hit the ground and went in enough to crack the plastic next to it, i also scratched the belly ban a little and scratched my triumph bar end mirror a bit. I know it could had been worse.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how i can mend the fairing next to the indicator? i'll take a picture in a bit and add it on here. A guy at my work said i could just glue it and get away with it as it's not really noticable at all.

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I reckon you could plastic weld that fairing. Using a soldering iron and working from the inside (unseen) of the dismounted, damaged piece, gently heat the edges of the split and moving the iron from side to side gradually 'knit' to two edges together. Take your time and you'll end up with an invisible repair.

See video:

I've repaired several plastic bits on cars after seeing Delboys vid.

Good luck

Dave

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stevie67

Stevie67 New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    I would take the damaged piece off and use some resin and maybe some fine glass fibre matting on the underside to reinforce were the break is.

4. chris newton

chris newton Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Wallsend
    Have you tried getting a price for a new part ... obviously repair is the cheapest option, however a new part may not be as expensive as you fear?

5. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yeah, normal to be upset, dropped bikes a few times, aleays get that sickening feeling, part of living real life doing what yer want to do. Some good suggestions above tho'. Hope yer get it sorted. It's dangerous out there, I always treat drivers as if they are on social media and can't see me, and wet roundabouts might just be hiding diesel spillage. Yer might want to put some crash bungs on sometime to help prevent damage, but even then indicators, mirrors are still in the front line. Dropped my bike in garage on carpeted floor recently, smashed indicator clean off.

6. roadtrip

roadtrip Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Scotland
    looks like a crash bung already fitted in the foto.

agree ... that feeling when it's going down and you can't do a thing about it.

hope you're feeling better today NC81

7. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    If you own a bike long enough sooner or later your going to drop it. I dropped a 1200 Bandit in a very similar way; had just picked it up new and had ridden from the dealer to my house........ £450.00 for a new nose fairing.

If the bike is your pride and joy then my advice would be just strip the cracked plastic off and fit new or it will piss you off every time you look at the bike. Hope you get it sorted.

• Like Like x 1