Sprint GT Horn Upgrade

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Whippetbreeder, Jul 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Whippetbreeder

Whippetbreeder New Member

Jul 6, 2019
    Southend on Sea
    Alright everyone. Looking to upgrade the horn on my Sprint GT as the stock one's just not good enough in London traffic. I have a Stebel Nautilus on my Futura which is great but like the GT, finding a suitable place to fit it is difficult. On my Aprilia I had to fit it inside the nose cone/ front fairing as there was nowhere else to put it. Any ideas or suggestions,or anyone fitted an alternative horn. So long as it's loud I don't mind. Cheers.

2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    There is the Denali split system, makes for more flexible fitting options

3. Whippetbreeder

Jul 6, 2019
    Southend on Sea
    Thanks for the advice on the different types of horn available but I'm more interested in finding the best location to fit it on the bike.

4. Our Gee

Our Gee Member

Apr 3, 2019
    North Yorkshire
    I have the same problem and I too am thinking about an upgrade. There are lots of very cheap Twin Tone Horn sets available. Does anyone know if there is a potential electric problem when fitting two horns into the Sprint's electrical system. I fitted Twin Tone Horns to my last two BMW R1200RT's which have the Canbus electrical system and everything worked fine.

5. Whippetbreeder

Jul 6, 2019
    Southend on Sea
    I don't think there's any issue with fitting twin horns providing you use a relay. I wouldn't bother with the cheap version of the snail type horns, I bought some a few years ago and they were pretty useless to be honest . I have used Fiamm AM80S on bikes before which are snail horns, think they're about £30 a pair but the quality of the horns and the sound,compared to the cheaper versions is much better/louder.

6. Our Gee

Our Gee Member

Apr 3, 2019
    North Yorkshire
    Thanks for the info, I never used a relay with the Twin Tone Horns on my BM's
    I was under the impression that Relays where only required with Air Horns and their operating compressor which would draw a higher current ?.

7. Whippetbreeder

Jul 6, 2019
    Southend on Sea

8. Whippetbreeder

Jul 6, 2019
    Southend on Sea
    I'm no auto electrician by any stretch of the imagination but from what I understand if you fit twin horns its advisable to use a relay as opposed to connecting only to original wiring, otherwise the extra current required to power them would cause the fuse to blow. Like I say I'm no expert but that's how I understand it.

9. Sprinter1050uk

May 4, 2017
    Mansfield, Notts
    Hi, see pics I put on on 15th Nov 18, thread entitled New Air Horns fitted. I believe thee is not much difference at the front end between the Sprint and the GT so you could put a pair of air horns under the fairing, Mine are still there and are very strident.

• Informative Informative x 1