Hinkley Bonneville T100 Fuelling Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Paulreade, Oct 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Paulreade

Paulreade New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Cheshire
    hi , I have a 2013 865cc bonneville. Recently I installed a set of dunstall aftermarket pipes with baffles. I have I believe a slight fuelling issue ( I believe ) in that the bike occasionally misses and sometimes stalls when decelerating resulting in me having to use the starter to refire her up before I can continue. I don't think it's an electrical fault and wonder if anyone else has any options I can try. I have checked the TPS voltage and its 0.62v - recently however I read that someone had raised that to increase the mixture ( richer) to around 0.77v so that the machine ran smoother ?????. The bike definatly runs smoother if I ease the choke out a little, indicating perhaps that the mixture could be a little weak ?. I haven't had a plug out yet to check but will do so soon.
    Any comments would be appreciated.
    Regards
    Paul

2. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    With EFI motors they are usually set to not inject fuel during closed throttle until idle control takes over, so increasing the TPS voltage will in effect make the ECU think the throttle is still open...not ideal.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    #3 Callumity, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Idle set at 1050-1100 rpm?

Plug reading very difficult with modern fuel......but you need to open up the induction side to benefit from free flowing exhausts otherwise you are just noisier. TTP will give you a new torquier mid range for fairly modest dosh....and advice!

That apart, free flowing exhausts on their own will likely lean things out as you have less back pressure. SAI, O2 sensors etc., on your mod list?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Paulreade

Paulreade New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Cheshire
    yep Ai removed and resister in place. Ran very smooth for a while and recently started to miss occasionaly and stall ?

5. Paulreade

Paulreade New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Cheshire

6. Paulreade

Paulreade New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Cheshire
    TTP can i ask what this refers to ?

7. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
  8. Paulreade

Paulreade New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Cheshire
  9. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK

I would tend to agree as with EFI systems aside from deceleration at lower RPM and loads it will use lambda feedback to adjust fueling, fitting different silencers should only affect open loop fueling and not closed loop as any change in flow will be compensated for via lambda.