Tiger Sport High Pitch Noise When Hot

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Dan Emond, Aug 26, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dan Emond

Dan Emond New Member

Aug 26, 2022
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    My wife’s 2020 Tiger 900 GT has been making a very high pitch noise (squeal) once turned off after riding 5 to 6 hours in 30 degree Celsius weather. It’s been happening for 4 or 5 week, we even when to the dealer and they found nothing. I even indicated that it’s definitely an electrical component sound, like a faulty capacitor. I suspect there’s an intermittent issue with the rectifier or regulator under hot conditions for extended periods of time. On Sunday we noticed the noise about 6 hours into our trip as he pulled over to take our rain gear off… we were 30 minutes from the hotel so we continued our trip. After checking in at the hotel her bike wouldn’t start. The following day I tried a boost, the bike started but died once the cables were disconnected. I then fully charged the battery, still no start from the battery alone. I boosted, let idle five minutes, it died as soon as I gave it gas. I then tried leaving it connected to my battery, started, idled, and gave it throttle no problem. I purchased and installed a new battery. I’m still concerned that the problem that caused the damage is still there. Has anyone had the same experience?