High Beam

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Drewnax, Feb 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Drewnax

Drewnax New Member

Dec 4, 2018
    Utah, USA
    So I went for a spill not too long ago, bike is ok for the most part, but one issue I came across if the high beam switch. When the switch is in the off position, the indicator is off, but the bulb is on and when I move the switch to the on position, the high beam turns off but the indicator comes on.

I am not too familiar with electrical work, as I have only changed turn signals before, but I read it might be the relay?

Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated.

IMG_2780.jpg

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Sorry about your spill, have you done anything since that might have affected the wiring? Pinched some cables? what bike and year?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Drewnax

Drewnax New Member

Dec 4, 2018
    Utah, USA
    It's a 2014 Bonneville and no, I rode home after then noticed it when I went for another short ride recently. I popped in and tried looking at the wiring, I didn't see anything that looked pinched or folded.

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    How about inside the light switch housing?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drewnax

Drewnax New Member

Dec 4, 2018
    Utah, USA
    I have not checked that yet.

6. Drewnax

Drewnax New Member

Dec 4, 2018
    Utah, USA
    So I was able to finally check the switch housing and the wiring to the light. Everything looked fine, so I did the easiest thing and replaced the bulb.:expressionless: I didn't realize they were dual filament, and the high beam was just burnt out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1