Hi!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Penelope, Jan 30, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow
    Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to this site and to Triumph. I've ridden a variety of bikes for many years, latterly Harley Davidson's which had always been my dream to own. I've now been converted to the Triumph T120 black graphite; I've put a deposit down and I'm hoping to collect it in March. I can't wait! It's going to seem weird to ride such a light bike in comparison to my Softail Deluxe but I am really looking forward to riding a lighter more manoeuvrable bike.
    If it's not too early in my membership to ask such things, does anyone have any thoughts on the Vance and Hines Slip-ones for this bike? I've always had louder pipes on my Harley's and would like to continue the trend on my new T120, but only if it makes a discernible difference!
    Thanks everyone!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hi Penelope,welcome to the forum,some of the Bonnie boys will be along shortly,not sure if the Vance and Hines will be as loud as they were on your Harley, but i imagine they should be better than the standard cans on the Bonnie. February will be a long month for you!:eek: on the brighter side the weather should be better when you get your bike:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. PhilB

PhilB Active Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Norfolk
    Hello!
    Look forward to seeing the new bike, and hope you enjoy it :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    welcome in Penelope :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Hi n welcome, No idea on exhausts for the new T120 but the best advise is to be found on forums. Take your time is about all i could offer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Hi Penelope, welcome from me here in Central Scotland.

This time last year I had a Bonneville Street Twin (with standard pipes) out as a demonstrator for a couple of hours. Decided I was having one and asked the salesman what his thoughts were on V&H as apposed to the OE. In typical salesman fashion he reckoned the bike wasn't complete without them, so that was that then...... another £600 on top of the base price and my order went in.

Had the bike 11 months now and I reckon it was money well spent, I've had my bike stood still ticking over next to a standard bike and you can hear a difference, the V&H definitely have a deeper rumble to them... I like it a lot especially when I'm borbling (is that a word) through towns in 2nd gear.

As Dougie says they'll never be as loud as your Harley, but if they sound great on my 900cc bike they're bound to sound even better on your 1200cc one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #7 Rich Bryce, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Hey Penelope, welcome to the wonderful world of Triumph. Nice choice. There's a Bonnie forum page in here where I'm sure you'll get sound (geddit?) advice.
    edit: there you go, Reggie posted while I was one-finger typing. Got me thinking now about slipping some on my Street Twin, though I have the TEC ones in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Welcome in Penelope, good job febs only a short month!! Not that will make the wait any easier

• Like Like x 1
  9. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow

10. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow
    Yes, you're right, I hope March comes really quickly, not that I want to wish my life away, but hey, what's a month?!

11. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow

12. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow
    Thank you so much. I think, I will go with them. I'm just getting the hang of this Forum thing, it seems really good and will be very helpful to me. Excuse my 'newbie' mistakes!

13. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow

14. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow
    This is so good, I've already met a lot of really good guys on here, thank you so much. I'm absolutely sure this place will be brilliant for advice about my new bike and lots of fun!

15. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow

16. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    We're always nice to newbies. Don't worry, it won't last.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow
    Borbling is definitely a word in my book! Thank you so much for your advice and knowledge, I reckon you've convinced me. No, they may not be as loud as my Harley's but that's not the point to me, I just want to enhance my lovely new Bonneville!

• Like Like x 2
  18. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum.
    Nice choice of bike and colour.
    I still have the OEM pipes/silencers on my Bonnie but have looked at TEC, Norman Hyde and Jack Lilley for when I do decide to change.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow
    Thank you so much, I'm getting there!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow
    That's interesting, thank you, it all helps with decision making. Really appreciate it.