Hi Viz Recommendations

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Snox, Jul 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Not Hi-viz yellow, just plain ol' yellow ;):p:laughing:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING !!!!;):cool:

(see what I did, made it Hi-Viz !!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::joy::joy::joy::joy:)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I can't see it :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

WOOD EYE. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Yeah But u is COLOR BLIND !

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    The most shocking statistic I heard recently, the largest contributor to a fatal accident Flat TYRES ! Up to 76% of fatal single vehicle Motor Cycle Accidents a Flat Tyre was found , that was not caused by accident damage !!! This is from the Horses mouth so to speak , My Brother is good friends with a local bike riding police officer. He is the districts crash Investigation officer, the next most shocking statistic is 40% are Returned Riders, Vehicle maintenance guys ...!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Both those statistics are quite believable, if the pressure drops by just a few psi on my front tyre the handling is pants, is this something to do with modern tyres as I can't remember the same on my bikes of the 70's and 80's.
    With accidents in returned riders, not surprising as the bikes these guys were coming back to probably went faster in first gear than their previous ones did flat out but I would think that would be higher over here as the percentage of returning riders was extremely high a few years ago , propably from my era.
    How long do you have to have returned to motorcycling before you're no longer a returned or born again? Or is this stamp going to be on me for the rest of my life?

8. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I don't think it matters what you wear some people are just dickheads:mad: like the woman who thought she did nothing wrong overtaking me (while riding my daughters 125 with L plates) in a 30 limit (I was doing 30) on a series of blind z bends in a village or the "brave" two young men who thought cutting up my daughter then stopping the car to shout and swearing at HER a seventeen year old was ok c**ts I wish I was riding her bike that day! a lesson in manners would have been given;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I think it is more a commentary on the decline in mechanical awareness amongst the population at large for whom a vehicle's maintenance excites as much curiosity as that of a washing machine. You just switch it on, don't you? Check out car tyres in the supermarket car park. It does not take long to spot some very soggy ones.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Reminds me of a friend's daughter who was mildly alarmed when a red light appeared on the dash on the motorway. Mmmm, she thought. I'll have to ask Dad about that. So she kept driving, it went out and the engine went bang.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. Murph

Murph Member

May 20, 2017
    Eastbourne
    I do honestly think bike awareness should be a mandatory section in all driving lessons… not enough emphasis is put on what the difference between bike and car use of the road is…

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    With at least 40 mins on the evils of white lines and manhole covers ......
    Don't go there!

• Like Like x 1
  13. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Most of the returned riders who have serious or fatal accidents, have been away from bikes for 20 plus years. And as Crispey said, the last bikes ridden wouldn't have any way near the performance or ability of Modern bikes ! My Laverda RGS 1000 did 220kph un modded, I got it to exceed 260kph with exhaust,intake and ignition adjustments ! My 94 Trident did 200kph in 4th gear!! With 2 more to go,and it went harder round corners ! Stopping better, without a single modification ! The reliability of modern machines is stunning in comparison to the 50,60,70's cars and bikes ! Cars still look like new when they are 8 to 10 years old. Tubeless tyres can lose air quicker than the old tube tyres. And it doesn't help that modern tube less fat tyres on wide rims have so much "carcass" that a tyre with less than 20psi can look OK when the bike is parked !!!

14. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar

15. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I have a daughter who did just the same.

16. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    My daughter doesn't use her bike every day but when she does use it I get her to check tyre pressures, oil and the operation of the lights, indicators, horn etc hopefully making this a good habit:):cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Oh and contrary to some of my previous comments I do make her wear a Hi Viz:blush:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Just got my daughter her first car. This week we changed all filters and oil, cleaned up suspension and brakes, all waxoyl and painted. Bloody made sure she did as much as possible, but kept close eye on her. Even had her sit there whilst I soldered her stereo connections.

No way I would let her out on the road without her being able to do simple tasks. I could before I drove and so will she. Best bit is, she wants to :blush:

• Like Like x 7
  19. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Her watching the oil draining.!!!

DSC_0084.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Good use of available materials, wood blocks to raise car, card board box as back spill and an old oil bottle as the catch/drain reservoir, true Scot thrift and make n mend. Big Thumbs up :) :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1