Hi From Cornwall

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by davgb, Nov 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Welcome from sunny California. I have a 2018 Street Twin (below) and really like it. One reason I selected the Street Twin was the cast wheels w/ tubeless tires versus spoked wheels with tube tires on the T100. I can fix a flat on the side of the road with a plug/CO2 cartridge kit I always carry with me. Can't do that on the T100.

But to each his own.

upload_2019-11-21_12-50-5.png

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. davgb

davgb New Member

Sep 8, 2019
    Cornwall, UK
    That's real nice. Yes. Each to their own. I love the classic lines of the T100 as well. But I do want a bike to ride regularly and not polish too much. The Street is looking ideal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. davgb

davgb New Member

Sep 8, 2019
    Cornwall, UK
    What a friendly welcome. Thanks everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Paul Read

Paul Read New Member

Nov 20, 2019
    cornwall
    Welcome Dave, where in Cornwall are you,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. davgb

davgb New Member

Sep 8, 2019
    Cornwall, UK
    Right down at the southerly point! Lizard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Davegb
    Welcome to the family. Do hit the upload a file button bottom right corner and let us see the steed. We like pictures here in the asylum and nursey get a rest whilst we ogle.
    Regards & Ride Safe.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. davgb

davgb New Member

Sep 8, 2019
    Cornwall, UK
    Thanks.
    As I said at the start of the post, the steed will not be until next year (spring). For the moment, it's an NC750X and you folks might be less interested in that ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Davgb
    Its a nice bike and very capable. Do show us inmates when you get it. Nice to have a little difference from time to time. Changes the menu for the inmates.
    Regards & Ride Safe.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Welcome in Davgb (from another pasty muncher), have fun giving them all a try,.... might not be your bag but don't ignore the Street or Speed Triples they're more comfortable than you might imagine and there's a low version of the Street Triple. Only word of caution I might give is that it seems the retro models (with retro chrome finishes) seem to be more prone to complaints about corrosion problems than those with modern paint/anodised finishes....... And it's a fair trek to Plymouth and back if you do need warranty attention. My Speed Triple and SWMBO's Street Triple have been faultless - more than can be said for the Ducati Multistrada I had for a couple of years, got to know the road to Plymouth very well. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Baldrick174

Baldrick174 Active Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Boscastle, Cornwall
    Hi and welcome. Hurry and try out the twin and, as said earlier, as soon as you know which bike you're going for then get a bargain within the next two months, you will have a great deal of bartering power.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1