Hi from Cheshire

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Scrambler Si, Apr 2, 2016.

1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Noisy pipes are a must!
    These sounded awesome :rolleyes:

SAM_0667.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    They look extremely straight through!

3. Scrambler Si

Scrambler Si Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Cheshire
    That sounds cool, I've taken to commuting through and around Delamere as I travel to Ellesmere Port. The area has some very secluded back lanes. I'll look out for you!

I'm still working out new routes. I had a run round Knutsford, Holmes Chapel and Macc yesterday (great B-road Macc-HC). I'm looking for a map that only has B roads on it...

Having said that, I just did the Advanced course with Terry Dodd http://www.sortedride.co.uk/ which I heartily recommend, especially to Scrambler riders (as it is not "balls-out fast") - one benefit was being guided through fantastic A-roads mostly, into Shropshire and Wales. As one goal is to learn about taking bends safely, guess what - he takes you on bendy roads. Oh joy!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    sounds like a good course. I like to try and find the roads less travelled. Some great ones out there that the pocket rocket crew don't use, so much fun to be had without the worry of Sunday idiots in romper suits and consquently no police about ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    It's mostly B roads that I try and ride, Cheshire, Shropshire or Derbyshire.

I have a riding buddy who like me enjoys riding these roads.

We don't have a set route, just hit a B or unclassified road and whoever is leading decides whether it's left, right or straight on at a junction.

We've ended up in many a farm yard or dead end and if there's grass growing down the middle of the road that's OK :)

Dave.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Scrambler Si

Scrambler Si Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Cheshire
    That sounds like a lot of fun.

I went out for a night ride yesterday to discuss utility bills with my son (see, any excuse to Scramble will do..). I went the long way round to include the Knutsford A50 Holmes Chapel A54 Congleton route, which is normally busy in the daytime. An absolute delight in the evening, and transformed into a flowing, swooping glide on air on the return in the dark at a steady 50 or so. Dipped lights by moonlight make it fun ;)