Hi, from a born again biker.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by The Musketeer, Mar 30, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. The Musketeer

The Musketeer Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Redbridge Essex
    Will do ASAP..

2. The Musketeer

The Musketeer Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Redbridge Essex
    I'll do my best but three weeks ago I recieved a Jury Service notice commencing the 8th August :(

3. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Oh jolly well done old chap. Now get out and clock some miles:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. spanner

spanner Member

Jul 23, 2016
    Lancashire
    Hi Musketeer, like you I just joined as a member, retired myself now and got a Legend TT 2001 , (have put the picture on here somewhere) but like the idiot I am ,I cant find it, but any way its a lovely bike and very comfortable, spent most of my time with sport bikes, still got 2 , but the Legend is my pride and joy now

5. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    That would be this post I guess.

http://thetriumphforum.co.uk/threads/new-member-with-legend-tt.6720/

6. The Musketeer

The Musketeer Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Redbridge Essex
    Well, despite the drizzle this morning I finally managed to get a run out along the highways & byways on an America (not an LT) demo.. It was such a great ride that when I got back to the dealership I put a deposit on a new LT.. It is, according to Hinkley, one the the last remaining America LT's in the country because, as a result of the impending Euro 4 legislation (Jan 2017), the LT is being discontinued, so I'm really pleased that I managed to actually get my hands on a new one. It will carry a "66" plate and will be ready for collection on the 1st Sept so now I have to get the ground anchor in & finish setting up the alarm system.. (starve the Rottweiler ! ) Question... Immobiliser or Tracker ? Carole Nash say either would suffice as far as my policy is concerned..... but I would welcome comments.

7. Sceptic Al

I'll bet your like a kid waiting for Christmass:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Musketeer

The Musketeer Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Redbridge Essex
    Thanks for the feedback guys, & yes Sceptic Al, its going to be a long couple of weeks...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sceptic Al

Enjoy it when you get it and rack up plenty of mileage before the miserable British winter comes along and spoils every bodies fun:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Musketeer

The Musketeer Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Redbridge Essex
    I finally collected my new LT from Jack Lilley Romford on Saturday morning... Couldn't be happier. Its been a bit of a struggle what with having to pass my bike test at the ripe old age of 68 but hey-ho just goes to show you can teach an old dog new tricks. I understand that, due to the impending Euro 4 Regs, the America LT will no longer be produced so who knows, my "66" reg might be one of only a very few out on the road. I look forward to riding out whenever the weather permits and hopefully meeting up with some of you for a chat & a shandy or two..
    14264962_1059065730814862_9203923016026284120_n.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  11. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Best of luck with your new Bike, Nice ride down to Southend on a nice day. what could be better:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Musketeer

The Musketeer Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Redbridge Essex
    Can't say I have heard of either product but I will certainly look into the merits of using them.Thanks for the advice..:cool:

13. The Musketeer

The Musketeer Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Redbridge Essex
    Sounds like a plan. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    Nice bike there sir. Enjoy :)