Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by MerlinPV-12, Jun 20, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MerlinPV-12

MerlinPV-12 New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    As a returning biker I've made the decision to purchase the 2013 Street Triple R -I'm just trying to decide which dealer to give my cash to! I made a visit to Metropolis London (Vauxhall) and was somewhat underwhelmed; the only other option for me from my West London home is possibly Jack Lilley in Ashford. I've scanned the internet and found mostly old negative comments about about both. Has anyone had any recent positive experiences of either dealer? Or perhaps there is an small independent dealer that I've missed? My main concern is quality on-going servicing. Finally, I'm tempted by the quickshifter for a bit of fun on the odd track day, am I wasting my money? Thanks in anticipation! Mike

2. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Welcome to the forum mike, Im sure someone will be along to answer your question soon enough. Make sure you get some pics up once you pick up the new s3

3. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Welcome to the forum,i've always thought Jack Lilleys was quite good ,it is where my bike originally came from and the guy who bought said it was a good experiance ,but i quess there is alway good and bad dealers ,as spanky said i'm sure that someone will help you out on here :upyeah:

4. MerlinPV-12

MerlinPV-12 New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome, appreciated. I'm really looking forward to the first ride, its been a while!

5. MerlinPV-12

MerlinPV-12 New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Thanks - my instinct is leaning toward Jack Lilley too - I'll take a trip down to them v soon for a recce

6. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Hi, welcome to the forum and most importantly welcome back to biking.

You've decided on a very good bike, the Street is a fantastic bike just all round great fun.

Now regarding dealers......... a tricky subject but your always able to find lots of negative points on any dealer as we're all too quick to criticise rather than praise. All major franchises are, I would say good dealers otherwise Triumph wouldn't stand for bad customer service or a poorly run franchise.

If you were buying a bike out of manufactures warranty then maybe this would be different but as it's brand new.........

I hope you enjoy your bike and din't forget to share some pictures :)

CC

7. BetaAlpha

BetaAlpha Banned

Jun 15, 2013
    Leicestershire
    Welcome to the forum mate

8. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    Welcome to the forum.
    The dealer in Esbjerg is very helpfull and the mechanic is tops. Dont know if that can help you:wink:

9. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    welcome to the forum mate, its a shame some dealers don't come upto scratch...i know its a bik of a bike ride but Webbs in Eye are a great bunch of guys, I've bought 2 Triumphs from them and they have always been fair,honest and interested in my (sometimes) crazy ideas of what I want - no need to do to my bike! :upyeah:

10. MerlinPV-12

MerlinPV-12 New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Thanks for the warm welcome from one and all - I think I should have made my return to biking much earlier, I'd forgotten what a friendly bunch bikers are :) - and I CC I'm liking the carbon already! Mr H I'll give Webbs a call over the weekend - thanks for the suggestion

• Like Like x 1
  11. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    laughing.gif

laughing.gif

• Like Like x 2
  12. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    There is a dealer that some of the forum members use that offer a lifetime warranty - I can't remember who it is without trawling through all previous posts but now I've put this up, someone might say who it is. I've got a feeling it might be in Devon but the distance shouldn't be a worry for good service. :smile:

13. Welcome - look forward to the pics!

14. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Merlin Welcome to the forum. Great choice of bike.. you wont be disappointed.. hope you find a dealer...

15. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi welcome to the forum and back to biking. The Street Triple is a fantastic bike and I am sure you will love it.
    As far as dealers; I would visit the three closest, see who is most helpful and offers the best deal and then make a decision. You can ask the best dealer question a dozen or more times on the forums and get a different answer every time.
    Being close to your dealer has a lot going for it, especially regarding servicing or warranty issues. Good luck and hope to see pictures of a new bike soon.

16. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    Welcome merlin good choice of bike you won't be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MerlinPV-12

MerlinPV-12 New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Morning all, one step closer - have bought all the clothing helmet etc from Infinity Clothing which is located inside the Honda car/bike dealer up at Power Road in Chiswick - have to say Richard who helped me select the gear was very helpful and all his team were good humored. I did smile as I looked around the place as I wasn't the only "returning biker" getting kitted out. Most of the guys buying new gear were past 40! It crossed my mind that I might be tempted by a Honda while I was there, some nice bikes, but I didn't feel the urge to buy one... though there was a Monster Evo 1100 that caught my eye! But I'll not be swayed, its the Street or nothing :) Back to Biking course this coming Sunday, starting on 125, then XJ600 and a ride out into the Chiltens - then decision time! Have a good week everyone

18. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Is it the xj6 you will use on you direct access? It will set you up well for a bigger bike, I did mine on a CBF600 I think it was and didn't feel at all uncomfortable on a quicker bike. Good fun doing DAS lessons too, an hour blast on someone else's bike, always good fun! Good luck!

19. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    In 1977 there was nothing BUT direct access, really! Old.gif

Old.gif

20. BetaAlpha

BetaAlpha Banned

Jun 15, 2013
    Leicestershire
    You old git! Think i was just starting school in 77