765 Hesitation

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by StreetRS1981, Apr 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. StreetRS1981

StreetRS1981 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    Wonder if anyone else has had this?

Following a switch to Michelin Road 5s, I have noticed my RS has moments of 'hesitation' or flat spots - I don't recall it happening prior to the new tyres; though I also changed the end can to an SP Engineering number.

At around 4k revs, if I then crack the throttle open, there is this dip in power, before the bike then takes off normally.

There's nothing on the dash to indicate there's an issue (i.e. TC kicking in) - and though I have only tried this is the 'fast road' mode; I suspect the issue may be present in all modes; though I may try Rider mode with TC completely off.

Other than the end can, the performance side of the bike is standard.

2. StreetRS1981

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    Great, thanks for the suggestion - I have read through the thread on the Hilltop tuning, and it sounds like a good option - I also heard that Triumph can load the 'Arrow map' to help too.

Might try the '12 minute tune' to see if it helps first.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PH1969

PH1969 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Northampton
    I love the way you thought it could be the tyres

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Engines are air pumps. Opening the outflow has upstream implications.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. StreetRS1981

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    That's not as daft as it sounds - the TC on my Ducati (and other models I understand), can often be impacted by changing to a completely different brand/type of tyre.

Working through a mental checklist of things that have changed since the problem arose - the only thing that changed were tyres; so off the back of the Ducati 'feature' it was on my list. Maybe I should have explained that better.

Aside from tyres, I was also thinking that maybe the ABS sensors might have taken a knock/got covered with something; not knowing how they function personally, it was again something else for the mental checklist, and linked to tyres being changed.

Back with an update though, the '12 minute tune' seems to have cleared up this issue, and she's running normally.

• Like Like x 1