He's Not The Messiah.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by littleade, Mar 2, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Somewhat comical cop/bike "chase" in Sweden. 2 cops in an unmarked vs an R1. Both active participants seem pretty hesitant. If this was a US chase it would've been sheer bedlam, like something out of an action flick. In the end the cop at the wheel would've practically hurdled the hood of his car to get at that kid no matter what his condition what and both cops would've commenced a epic beat down that would've likely put him in the hospital. Thing is- the cops never put the siren on and again, it was an unmarked car. He just blasts his horn, dumb move. So the kid kind of had a plausible reason to elude what he could have thought was a genuine vehicular assailant.

In the end the cop was charged with the lack of siren use, failure to follow a cease pursuit order, and was fined substantially. It makes me wonder if this was something personal, like that kid was banging his daughter or something. The rider either possesses shit skills or he was toying with what he very well may have thought was just another asshole motorist.

One of the most retarded chases I've ever seen, at any rate.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheBeardedPunk

TheBeardedPunk Senior Member

Oct 7, 2021
    Belgium
    I am by no means a saint. Yes, when on the bike I like to look at speed limits as a sort of optional guideline. That said, I try to be sensible about it. When driving through a village, for example, I keep to the limits. When riding on an open road somewhere with no one in a 2 mile radius, I'm probably speeding.

That being said my local police department recently caught a bike going 240Km/h on a 70Km/h road. It was on a road that I frequently use, but anything above 90Km/h on that is just irresponsible. Why on earth someone felt like they have to ride at those speeds anywhere on the public road is beyond me.

• Agree Agree x 3