He's Not The Messiah.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by littleade, Mar 2, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It is no wonder that bikers are targeted by the police and public when idiots like this endanger both themself and the general public.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Most of us have exceeded the limits at some time (allegedly)... not interested in engaging the police though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    :expressionless::expressionless: I was young and stupid (and did it once only)..
    Moreover with an anemic BMW (double stupid) :joy:

Happy they didn't catch me, would have walked for a while. In another hand that definitively brought me back to reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#5 Golgotha, Mar 2, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2022
    If anyone, especially LE, seeks to victimize motorcyclists at large for the actions of a minute few then they themselves are the problem, not motorcyclists. And in the case of LE, one component of what is seriously wrong with society.

That being said, my favorite maniac is that guy who does the Paris ring road in less than 10 minutes at O'Dark-30. The "Ghost Rider." Swedish dude, supposedly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    the Swedish "Ghost rider" did that a few years after "Le Prince Noir" filmed that crazy run in 1989.
    Le Prince noir was retrieved by a moto magasine years later, and he declared he regretted what he has done.
    Sorry in french only I guess.
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_noir_(motard)
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Rider_(motard)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I agree, I reckon that all of us are guilty of speeding. However not to the excesses that his guy has and his actions do imo create problems for us all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    If only were enlightened enough to have autobahns... :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Country is not big enough for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#10 Golgotha, Mar 2, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2022
    Cops pursuing speeders commonly becomes very personal for them in the US. They get target fixation, will stop at nothing to violently apprehend the perp, and the whole thing becomes another adrenaline fix for them. This in turn compounds the danger to others on the road. It's caused more than one fatal wreck over here that otherwise probably wouldn't have occurred if the cop/cops just backed off and let the radio do it's job. Believe it or not sometimes it's best to let one get away for the sake of (as funny as it sounds) public safety. The driver will likely back off their speed once they think they're in the clear and eventually they'll get done for something else. At that point the cops stand a good chance of pinning the previous reckless driving and eluding charge on him.

It's an ego thing. Plus the cops have qualified immunity here so they can't get sued if one of them goes careening across a sidewalk and smashes a couple pedestrians or t-bones a minivan at an intersection. For that reason many of them couldn't care less about the repercussions. In the case of fleeing motorcycles the perp probablyly won't be so willing to pin the speedo at 180 mph if the cop shows some restraint.

Multiple cops chasing a vehicle through city streets at 120 mph+ is simply foolhardy and dangerous, and it happens a lot here. Some PD's have a "don't pursue" policy and that's not the answer either. Parameters have to be in place and cops need to be trained to better make that call when a shithead is clearly willing to elevate the situation into ballistic chaos.

This is a perfect example that could've easily cost the lives of a mother and her 6 month old infant. Read the description below the video. A stolen car is not worth the disaster they were flirting with here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Depends how fast you're going. :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    I think that bloke who did the Paris ring road is Dead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

No one knows exactly who he is, just rumors and speculation. From what I've read, he's retired. Possibly living back in Sweden.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    his name is Patrick Fürstenhoff and he is probably not dead. He just disappeared from the radar.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Time and place. He clearly didn't care for himself or any other road user.
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    I heard his name was Patric and also that he'd done an advert for KTM years back which was taken off due to lunatic riding. I did hear he'd been killed in an accident.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#17 Golgotha, Mar 2, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2022
    The dude stopped doing videos because people were pirating his footage and posting in various sites for their own gain. His identity has NEVER been confirmed. Outside his recorded speed records he's an apparent unknown. The cops thought they had him a couple times in various countries around Europe but that all didn't pan out. One of the most persistent claims of his current whereabouts is that he's working at a dealership in Stockholm. His age is estimated to be somewhere in his early to mid 50's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    As Golgatha pointed out, an officer needs to weight the risk v benefit of chasing anyone, not just motorcycles. The seriousness of the offense as well as the time and place should determine the need to engage in a high-speed chase.
    As most towns do, we had a problem with kids, usually too young to have a driver's license, tearing around on unregistered dirt bikes. OK, there are numerous violations there, but is chasing a fifteen-year-old who might end up dead or seriously injured worth it? There were those little cretins who thought it was great fun to savagely tear up the putting greens on one of our golf courses, causing tens of thousands of dollars in damage, or rip through residential neighborhoods where even younger kids were playing in the street. I wouldn't normally give chase, as a little investigation and patience would usually identify the culprit after asking around a bit or seeing the offender's bike parked in an open garage. As well, although I wasn't driving recklessly or tearing up property, I was doing it when I was fifteen on a Sears Saber 50 I had put back together.
    One of my fondest memories was seeing an unregistered bike on the street. As usual I would attempt a stop, but if the rider fled, I'd back off. I got behind the bike and activated my overheads. He didn't even know I was there (no mirrors) until I blipped the siren. He looked over his shoulder, flipped me off and cranked it. I didn't pursue but followed as he put distance between us. About a quarter mike up the road I saw a large puff of white smoke. His engine fragged! When I caught up he was pushing the bike on a dead run. Gotcha! He was seventeen, old enough to have a license, but didn't have one. He got a few summonses and his bike was impounded.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Some cop in chase took it even further a couple years ago by tazing a kid buzzing around a residential area on a 4-wheeler… killing him. Kid went right into a parked vehicle and died lying right there on the pavement. Huge attempted cover up too that they would've gotten away with had it not been for a female officer late on the scene that turned her camera on as she exited her vehicle. The 3 or 4 cops who were already on the scene turned all their recording devices off. What she uncovered was nauseating. Demotions, firings, and at least one prison sentence of 15 years resulted.

(edit) Here it is. Cop tried to used the age-old typical "I though he was going for a weapon" line but the judge didn't buy it. Subsequent radio traffic and his actions on the scene after he smoked-checked that kid told a very different story.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/ju...ooper-to-5-15-years-for-teens-taser-atv-death

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Found some french news about.
    He was badly injured in a crash in 2020.
    In June 2021 he was raising money for a new 1 km wheeling record.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1