Featured Henry Is Back

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Flashp, Nov 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    He did, I heard him :cool:

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Is it really? Do the sales status back that up. Don’t get me wrong a great bike but I would not have given it that badge.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    The Bobber upon its release boosted sales by some 15% over the previous years total. It was given the accolade of Triumphs best selling model from its new model line up - which is not quite the same thing as the best selling Triumph of all time that was claimed on the programme, although it was certainly a great promo for the bike. Sadly The Bobber doesn't even make it onto this list...
    https://www.bikescatalog.com/top-ten-best-selling-triumph-motorcycles-of-all-times.html
    but then neither does the Speed Twin, voted by someone (MCN?) as their bike of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Wouldn't trust whoever complied that list - look how they spell "Thruxton"! :joy:

"Replaced by the new design for 2016, with a water-cooled 1200 engine instead of the old air-cooled 865cc motor, which surprisingly came in the other race list because based on performance level. But the aging Thurston is still the Triumph best sellers even if it lumbers off the mortal coil. Eventually, the firm is always expanding and the Thruston is the new generation which included the higher-spec R model, also adding the Ohlin’s and Brembo goodness."

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    Probably just a bad Thai translation ;)

On the subject of 'Henry' can anybody enlighten me as to where this isle of man man is that he sometimes references ;)

6. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

If you like watching Allen Millyard he has a few videos on Youtube

• Like Like x 2
  7. haydenvn

haydenvn Member

Jan 14, 2018
    sunny wirral uk
    like the show for Alan and Sam. I wonder how many people bought nortons based on Henry's promotion of the brand and now are still waiting for a bike. He keeps quiet about them now?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    You’ll be taking up knitting next :):)

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nope, leave that up to the wife

• Like Like x 2
  10. Samz

Samz Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 7, 2016
    York uk
    The show would be a lot better with just Allen and Sam, they have genuine talent.
    When ever they film Cole riding around a corner he looks like he’s trying to push a fart out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    To be fair I've a mate that ended up in jail in Venezuela for drug running but I've never denounced him.

I'd be careful lending him a tenner though.

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Iron

Iron Guest

#72 Iron, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2021
    I actually got out today and browsed the magazine rack. I get bored with the same magazines over and over so thought I'd give Bike Magazine a go (as it was within this that Ogri and Malcolm used to appear). This was on the cover:

Capture.JPG

I almost threw it back onto the shelf. What the fuck is this tosser doing in a bike magazine? Of all the guys (with no money) who would know something about bikes why on earth would anyone think this numbnuts would help sell a magazine.

However, on a more pleasing note, Dom Chinea, the bearded metal worker from the Repair Shop has started his own Youtube channel. A much better down the earth honest bloke who restores, rides and owns bikes. In this one he shows off his BSA racer and note his Thai Triumph ride in the background. Other episodes shows his skill at restoring an old Lambretta (pull a face) and trying to get it registered with the DVLA. At least this guy can actually do something rather than just pay others to do it for them like that other posh Henry cowboy hat Cole.

13. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Henry Cole and James May. Remind me of that film, Dumb and Dumber. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    In Henry's defence he doesn't claim to be good at anything. I think his talent is putting the shows he's connected with together and then persuading the tv companies to actually air them. His shows are worth watching just for Sam and Allen. On a side note I saw Henry at the MCN show a couple of years ago and just went up and had a chat - he was exactly as he comes across on the telly - no side at ball and genuinely loves bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    i'm with you on that. He made his money from tv production. clearly did well enough to afford a stately pile in the cotswolds so good luck to him. He can be a bit of a prat from time to time but gives great kudos to sam, guy, milliard and anyone else who helps. Its just entertainment and for bikers its our top gear so to speak as there is absolutely nothing else bike realted on tv.

careful what you wish for.....