Help! Tiger Sport 1050 2014 - Difficulties Starting

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FarmerLee, Dec 29, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. FarmerLee

FarmerLee New Member

Dec 29, 2019
    Gloucestershire
    Hi,
    I bought the bike earlier this year. It's been running fine until recently. I went to start it up last week, it started fine but after a few minutes it cut itself off. Since then, all that seems to happen is the dash board lights up. The lights and alarm works however the fuel guage does not register and there is no fuel injector sound. I have managed to start it up once for a few seconds and then it stopped.

I have checked all the fuses. I've tried another battery and tried jumping it from another bike but still no joy. I've topped up the fuel.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    TuneECU is free diagnostic and tuning software. Instead of chasing shadows you might buy the cable needed to hook up to your device and see what error codes appear.
    https://tuneecu.net/TuneECU_En/index.html
    It could simply be a dead sensor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Hi Lee, and welcome in :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    FarmerLee
    Welcome to the family. Yes also check all the connections around the battery an cut out switch's. Quite difficult to think it out not seeing it. Do let us see the steed by hitting the upload a file button.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RicoP

RicoP New Member

Aug 2, 2020
    uk
    Hi. Ive just bought a 1050 sport 2018 and found occasionally it the starter button was dead. After fitting a new battery[ which didnt sort the problem] I had all the connections between the battery and starting motor checked and found a loose earth and some poor connections . These were remedied, and just to make sure fitted a new starter relay. In the last 2000 miles ive not had any problems at all. Hope this helps

• Like Like x 2