Help!!!! Oil Shot Everywhere While On The Highway, And White Smoke. Cannot Start Bike!!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by YOsH, Mar 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. YOsH

YOsH Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Ohio
    Unfortunately no I don't have any photos of the engine before the purchase. Also I don't mind driving the 7 hours to you both ways I drove 12 myself to sycamore when I bought it. BUT!! I just got great news. I spoke to Triumph Detroit and they actually have on hand a motor that'll fit my bike off of a 2015 Daytona 675 R. He offered to do this outside of the dealership timing because it will save almost 3k in labor time alone. The engine with the labor include he's offering a $3000 charge with approximately week turn around. Sound alright? If this doesn't work and I can find an engine at a decent price we can go your route.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yosh.
    I want to say every hard luck story has a silver lining. But don't want to piss on the parade. Its a good deal. And fitted by a trained mechanic best of both worlds go for it. And I do hope you regain your pleasure in your beloved Daytona.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Ron.
    You know I would never suggest any thing like that. And the proof is in your Garage that lovely orange beastie ready to go and play. No quite the contrary I take my hat of to you my Friend. Yosh needed a friend you stepped up and from the looks of it you were the only one from your side of the pond. I am proud of you as my Brother. Just a dealer there the necessary tools and training and most of all Yosh walks away with a guarantee or I would hope he would. No Ron you are 100% percent Brother.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Ron
    I would have ask you for help long before the dealer. But its a long trip for either you or Yosh and then the bike to do and I know you are quite competent of doing it. As said the rebuild on you own bike shows some terrific workmanship. But now you and Yosh can have a meet up and a coffee somewhere halfway. And send as much Crap as you want to I have broad shoulders. And I am still your Brother irrespective.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2