Helmets, Wouldn't It Be Nice...

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Big Sandy, Jun 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    I was looking at the scorpion, actually found one on Google shopping for £85! Less than half price... Only in small though :(

Looks like a nice lid. I was reading the comments on another thread in the 'clothing' section.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Graeme_D

Graeme_D Active Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Edinburgh
    Here's the last page with results from a recent Ride magazine article on noise.

Screenshot_20190612-160949_Pocketmags.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Makes for scary reading that. Interesting there's no appreciable difference between lids.

So, I guess it's go for the most comfortable, and stick with the earplugs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    It's a very comfy lid. Very light. And not extortionately expensive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I’m with you Andy Shoei every time....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chris V

Chris V New Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Yorkshire
    Hi guys it's funny I was only saying to my biker mates last week shops should have a kind of wind tunnel where you can sit with the lid of your choice on a check for how quite it is. At least then it's not out on the road getting flies smashed into it or wet. Makes you wonder how many helmets are sitting around unloved or worn due to being too noisy. By the way I've always worn ear plugs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Sigh.

Went to the local shoppie yesterday. What a crock. Only stocked hjc lids, and not one fit right.

Was looking at an agv online, sportbikeshop.... Looks okay, free returns etc... However they use dpd for delivery, and only to a designated dpd delivery point which is, you guessed it, Inverness.. 200 mile round trip.

"Keeps looking"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  9. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Don't know what I did when looking at sportbikeshop before, I went back to the site to look for price comparisons etc, and it showed the avg St Compact that I was looking at before still in the basket. So thought I had better remove it... Lo and behold, it says delivery to home address this time! So went ahead and ordered it.

I'll let you know how it feels and how noisy it is once it arrives.... I did notice they do free returns... But not for customers in the Highlands! Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Well, it's an infinitely more comfortable lid, and I can get it on and off with the glasses on. The d-skwal was a real bugger to get my eyes on. Its not forcing my cheeks in either.

Soft lining too, very comfortable. And, fits closer round the neck than the d-skwal too, slightly larger shell at the bottom, but more padding. So I can get it on and off without ripping my ears off!

Seems quieter too.

• Like Like x 4