helmet cams and bike cams

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by jogler56, May 7, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jogler56

jogler56 Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Cornwall
    Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced cam, for use on bike. I am after something that has a reasonable picture quality and good battery life. It also needs to be capable of filming for a reasonable duration. Above all else it must be easy to use for a complete technophobic like me. I was thinking of the base level Gopro.Ideally don't want to pay more than £100 and £50 would be better still!
    Cheers all.

2. jogler56

jogler56 Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Cornwall
    Thanks littleade. Did you get it online?

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    We took a chance on an offer on a brand new camera from http://olfi.co.uk/, was £99.00 when we pre-ordered before release although it may have gone up now. Its a UK company and boasts many GoPro beating things like 4K recording and better battery life. We like is so far, here is our very first go with it.

4. jogler56

jogler56 Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Cornwall
    That looks good. To be honest I have spent a couple of hours scouring youtube, Fleabay and amazon and have now ended up even more confused. The base GoPro looks suitable but I am not sure whether some of the other cheaper "unbranded" cams wouldn't offer comparable or better performance for a fraction of the price. The other one I am considering is the Drift Stealth 2 which you can pick up now for under £100.
    I'll see what some of the vloggers are using on youtube

5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Its worth checking out this guy and what he uses. The Norway series he put together is well worth watching. Think he uses some Drift Cameras