1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yoss

Yoss New Member

Aug 17, 2022
    Poland
    Hi Guys and Gals,

This will be my first thread, along with saying hello to everyone I am also seeking some advice for my future bike - possibly a redirection to a thread which I might have missed.

I'm currently a happy owner of a 2021 Trident, looking forward to selling it as it was my first Triumph - worked perfect just as expected, time to upgrade.

I have my eyes on the new Street triple RS or Speed triple RS.

I've been browsing the internet for some users reviews. I drove both, I know everything about the specs and as much as I love Speed I am afraid of some common faults I ran into - allegedly some of these were addressed by Triumph (as reported by owners and confirmed by my dealer). However, below I will list some of the issues I ran into, and wanted to ask y'all how common are they:
    1. Loose cover bolts causing oil leaks
    2. Hard to find neutral (usually gone after 2-3k miles)
    3. QS issues - jamming, unable to upshift, control light on a display
    4. Keyless fob issues (inability to access fuel tank)
    5. TFT issues (freezing, unable to select rider mods, etc)
    6. Exhaust Valve cover falls off
    7. Service engine light comming off only after first 100 miles
    8. Oil pumps issues
    9. High beams issues (however I find this one specific to chinesse market, dunno why)

Although most of these are minor, due to decreased supply of parts and Brexit I don't want my bike to be out of service for the first year - even if it was being fixed on waranty.

Let me know your stories about 2021+ Speed triples or even Street triples. I will be placing order next year so there is a lot of time to make up my mind.

Cheers !

IMG_20220423_142015.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Rixton

Rixton New Member

Sep 21, 2021
    España
    Hello, I've been 13000 km and it does leak a little oil, which I will report to the dealership when it's time for the check-up. It's a fantastic bike, but the street is too. Choose the one that best suits you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
  4. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome….

6. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Hi there! Welcome to the forum! ;)

7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum :cool:

8. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Hi and welcome, considering you have ridden both I'd go with the one that you just felt the most joy about when you thought about owing it!

I have a Street Triple and it has been fantastic so far, I passed my test in January and am out on it at every opportunity. It is fast, light, agile, confidence - inspiring and just absolutely addictive fun.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Yoss and welcome to the forum :cool: