Hello From Norway

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Nicholaj, Feb 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Nicholaj and welcome to the forum :)

Enjoyed my time in Norway whilst touring on bike :cool: but didn’t like the cost of alcohol over there :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Welcome aboard Nicholas, hope you'll enjoy the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Welcome from the California desert. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    Welcome to the forum mate. All year riding in Norway.????......... I'm going to move.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nicholaj

Nicholaj Noble Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Stavanger, Norway
    Thanks! Could you please send some sun my way :yum:sun:

6. Nicholaj

Nicholaj Noble Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Stavanger, Norway
    Hi there, and thank you :) Norway is a great place to ride. Where did you visit? And yes, alcohol prices makes you go bankrupt :dizzy:

7. Nicholaj

Nicholaj Noble Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Stavanger, Norway
    Thank you so much :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nicholaj

Nicholaj Noble Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Stavanger, Norway
    Thank you for that mate :)

9. Nicholaj

Nicholaj Noble Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Stavanger, Norway
    Thanks mate :) Hehe, I’m lucky living in that one area where that’s possible...not warm though, but not many days here in Stavanger I’m not riding :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hi Nicholaj and welcome to the forum! That's a great bike you have and a wonderful photo of it too. You will enjoy this community, I'm sure!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    We sailed into Bergen from Newcastle and had an over night stop in Bergen.
    The following day we went onto Voss and used that as our base. It was early September and very little traffic on the roads.

We had a couple of days off the bike as wifey wanted to ride on the Flam Railway in the morning and then in the afternoon we did the Fjord Cruise.
    The other day was a full day in Bergen which I wanted to do for a very special reason.

The rideouts on the bike were fantastic, the scenery was dramatic. I’d never seen so many waterfalls.

Lovely country.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Nicholaj

Nicholaj Noble Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Stavanger, Norway
    Hi Sandi, thank you so much! Yes, love my bike...and being a bit of a hobby photographer, i like using it as motive :p:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I like combining photography and motorcycles/riding, too, Nicholaj. The two things compliment each other quite nicely I think. I enjoy sharing photos and stories on the forum of motorcycle trips I take and events I attend. And it's fun to see the same from other members. It's especially fun since this is a pretty international bunch of motorcyclists. I look forward to seeing more of your motorcycle related photography here on the forum! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Nicholaj

Nicholaj Noble Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Stavanger, Norway
    Wow, seems like you have really enjoyed the area around Bergen and Voss, and it is absolutely a fantastic place, I used to live close to Voss, in Hardanger. Still take tris in there once a year. And yes, a lot of great waterfalls!! And tunnels:D
    Hope you get the chance to do it again then :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nicholaj

Nicholaj Noble Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Stavanger, Norway
    Cool, I have to check your photos then :D Maybe get some inspiration :)
    I will make sure to share my pictures here as well :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Looking forward to seeing your photos, @Nicholaj! :blush: I haven't posted any photos on the forum in the Gallery section. But if you look at some of the threads I've started you can see my some of my photos and accompanying stories from motorcycle rallies (Las Vega Bike Fest, Sturgis) and local events and rides (Tombstone, Mt. Lemmon, Christmas Toy Rides).

I guess I'd call these photos "street photography". They are not particularly "artsy" though I enjoy that, too. But I've really come to like thinking about what might interest forum members (particularly those who may not be from the U.S.) and snapping pics that way. And it makes me observe my surroundings in a different and more mindful way which I really enjoy and appreciate. :)