Hello All

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Rtasker, Feb 18, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rtasker

Rtasker Member

Feb 18, 2018
    South West
    Hello from Bristol,
    Have always ridden Japanese bikes in the past, but am thinking about getting a Speed Triple 1050 as I'm interested in the different style of engine and the nimble chassis. I do track days from time to time, so would be interested to know how others get on with them on track.
    Look forward to joining the forum,
    Richard

2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Welcome in Richard, glad you could join us. :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Hi Richard welcome to the madhouse you should fit right in.
    Tucker

• Like Like x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Richard and welcome to the forum :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Hi n welcome :) if you are going to do the odd track day then get the R model as it has Ohlins suspension, the standard Supercorsa tyres are fine but do tend to go off quickly so i now use the Rosso 3's that are the same design but with a more road focused rubber mix but do req a little extra warming. Engine wise its not the fastest out there but has a huge usable rev range that makes hanging on to gears easy in the twisty parts.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Welcome Richard.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Hi Richard,

Welcome aboard, I've just moved from owning jap bikes for years, had most makes, and have just bough my first Triumph which is a 2015 speedy, recently put a new pair of tyres on so waiting for some slightly warmer weather and less greasy roads to get them scrubbed in and get better acquainted with my dream bike, think if you decide to go for one it'll be the right decision.

Regards,
    Dave.

9. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Welcome in Richard ! I absolutely love mine, haven't been out on a track yet but it's great on the road, not the fastest bike I've owned but enough power throughout the gears to make it fun.

10. Rtasker

Rtasker Member

Feb 18, 2018
    South West
    Thanks for all the advice so far. I've got a test ride booked for next weekend, so hoping for dry weather. Can't wait.
    Just been out on my fireblade to get my eye back in, having not ridden much over winter, and it doesn't half feel quick! I think I'll not mind trading some of that HP for something that is frisky at slightly lower speeds.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome....
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  12. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Welcome buddy :)

Speed Triple is a fantastic bike. The torque and sound will have you hooked ;). Like you I have owned a few litre Jap bikes and then moved onto Triumphs. During my Speed Triple ownership the handling and performance was top notch for me. As Darkman said she is not the fastest but I never got left behind in the twisties (even though my skills are no where near the Speed Triple's capabilities)....for track day the R model would be best suited.

Test ride all the motors you can and put them through paces out in the country, filtering, traffic etc. Then you will be able to make a better decision ;)

All the best buddy

• Like Like x 1
  13. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Welcome to the Madhouse

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rtasker

Rtasker Member

Feb 18, 2018
    South West
    I test rode the Speed Triple R today, and loved it. I think it's at its best when powering through fast curves, where the steering is so accurate, and there's such a great sense of connection between throttle and drive. And it tips so lightly from side to side. So I have gone and done it! Ordered the new RS in white, which will hopefully be mine not too far into April.
    Thanks all, for the welcome and the advice.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nice one, nothing better than waiting on delivery of a new bike. Enjoy.....
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1