Hello - 2001 Speed Triple Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Gordon MacBean, Nov 16, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gordon MacBean

Gordon MacBean Active Member

Nov 16, 2021
    Welling, KENT
    New throttle cable installed, routed in the correct orientation. Also new O Rings on the fuel connectors and have refitted the tank. Just waiting on the fan to arrive. Need to drill out a snapped bolt, radiator one in the top part of the frame. Annoying!! May cut a groove in it and see if I can wind it out. Project for another day!

2. Gordon MacBean

Nov 16, 2021
    Welling, KENT
    Indicators are all wired in. Front ones have the waterproof connectors. Just waiting for the fan now. Radiator loosely fitted to check connections work and to keep it safe off the garage floor.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gordon MacBean

Nov 16, 2021
    Welling, KENT
    The replacement fan arrived today. Great condition, no rust, wiped down and installed. Just need to redo the coolant hoses and add coolant, then ready for MOT tomorrow if time permits.

4. Gordon MacBean

Nov 16, 2021
    Welling, KENT
    No coolant in garage. so filled with water, ran to temp, fan kicks in, all smooth and good. Checking tyre pressures tomorrow morning, all lights work, brakes are good, off to MOT once booked in. Then tax and ride! Been an epic route to getting this bike sorted again!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gordon MacBean

Nov 16, 2021
    Welling, KENT
    Bike is through MOT with advisory on front tyre, so have ordered a Pilot Road 4 replacement. Arrives next week. Will get a quote on change of fork oil as well, as that would save me a lot of time and effort. Had a 25 mile bimble on the bike in the local area, quick 5 miles on motorway, plenty quick enough and it is just so much better after all this work. Pleased with how it has turned out and enjoying the bike enormously.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gordon MacBean

Nov 16, 2021
    Welling, KENT
    [​IMG] Coolant has been put in the bike after flushing out the system.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gordon MacBean

Nov 16, 2021
    Welling, KENT
    Fork oil changed and new front tyre fitted. What an amazing difference! Bike is much more stable and the front end feels much plusher. The mechanic said that the fork oil was really horrible and bad. Glad I made the decision to pay for this to be done, saved me a lot of hassle!