Held Women's Leathers Review

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Mrs Visor, Apr 22, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    #1 Mrs Visor, Apr 22, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    I thought I would post a quick first review of the Held leathers that I bought in case any other female riders are looking at purchasing a leather two - piece and researching options.

I purchased the Held Street 3 jacket and Held Lane 2 Leather jeans.

The first thing that struck me about these are the quality; they are substantial, really well made and (to me) stylish but the really obviously outstanding thing is that they are actually completely designed and cut for women - they are not men's items, made smaller with a bit extra in places that matter as so much women's motorbike clothing seems to be. They are also comfortable straight away - the trousers especially are soft and supple and the jacket slightly stiffer, but it softens and stretches slightly just worn around the house for a short time. They also zip together and unzip really easily.

The jacket does come without a back protector, but there is ample room for one and I have fitted a level 2 D30 protector as I won't ride without due to having previously fractured three vertebrae in my spine in a vehicle accident.

Jacket:
    1. Cut for the female form.
    2. Plenty of pockets - roomy ones, not tiny as you often find in female jackets.
    3. Nice thick soft collar so no rubbing on the back of the neck.
    4. Space left for a back protector and the pocket in the lining is easy to access and insert the protector. The fit of the jacket is just as nice with the back armour inserted as it is without.
    5. Great quality stitching and zips.
    6. Comfortable on the bike.

Trousers:
    1. Cut for the female form - I will caveat this by saying that I am a more "inverted triangle" / athletic type shape so do not know how ladies with larger hips would fare as these are cut possibly to suit a more athletic shape I think, but are very supple and would likely stretch.
    2. Very soft and supple on first wear and really comfortable on the bike.
    3. Armour sits in exactly the right place when on the bike and its position can be adjusted to suit.
    4. Great quality fittings and zips.
    5. Low cut at the front where the fastening is (I can't describe this, see picture!!) which is a really nice touch for more comfort.

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 19.58.39.png

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 19.58.51.png

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 19.59.09.png

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 19.59.21.png

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 20.42.35.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Great write up, They look the business and Held make quality gear. I'm sure you will get many years of wear out of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good review @Mrs Visor , I’m sure our lady members will find it very helpful :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1