Heed Crash Bars

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Antony Lensh, Jan 10, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Antony Lensh

Antony Lensh Member

Jan 9, 2019
    Cowes
    Hi I'm a newby I've put this question to the new member site and so far no one can give a definative answer, so I'm seeking the knowledge of any Gurus out there, does anyone know if Heed crash bars for a Triumph Tiger 955I are quality? They are Polish so are they as good and reliable as their builders? Iope someone can help

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Antony Lensh
    Crash bars are useful but all crash bars are designed to protect a bike from a minor spill in a crash they bend and protection is minimal but helpful. Polish items are not all that bad. I have purchased from Poland before and found their products no better no worse than most others. Welcome to the Family by the way.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Antony Lensh

Antony Lensh Member

Jan 9, 2019
    Cowes
    Hi Joe, Got the Heed crash bars luckely the guy I got the bike from voulntered to fit them, good job as I would have struggled and probably taken them to the dealership. Was well impressed with the quality and styling, instructions and pictures very poor, some of the bolts were too long some had plastic caps which had to be cut off to tighten properly. Would recomend them to anyone. Safe riding

• Like Like x 3
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Antony Lensh
    Glad you are happy with your crash bars. As I said I have ordered from Poland before and found them to be as good as oem products. It you got chrome then get a good beeswax and polish them up in it. Helps to seal the chrome and lasts about six months. I don't know why the peeps on here missed this query as there are some clever dudes on here. Who I am sure know their crash bars. Bolts most crash bars come with bolts longer than needed don't know why they do that other than maybe they are to fit different bike. We will now want that picture of the steed all bared up.
    Ride Safe
    Joe

• Like Like x 1