Heated Grips

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TriBriBon, Aug 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Evening All,

I'm looking to buy a pair of heated grips for my 07 T100, I've always used Oxfords in the past and have no reason to buy different.
    My problem is finding a pair of the right diameter,am I right in thinking the handle bar diameter on my bike should be 1" ?
    That's what they measure anyway.
    The only Oxford Hot Grips I can seem to find that come in 1" dia. are Custom/Cruiser type, with a god awful chrome ring around the grips :poop:
    Can anyone put me out of my misery and give me a heads up to ones they may have fitted please.

Thanks in advance.

TBB.

2. TriBriBon

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    I've measured them myself and have also rang World of Triumph and they confirmed my measurement was correct at
    25.4mm o/d.
    Seems rather odd that most other variants of the Bonnie use 22mm.

Oxford do make a 1" version as I said in my original post but they are Cruiser Grips with Chrome dodads and flames embossed on the grips, certainly not to my taste or in keeping with the Bonneville style.
    Oxford say they can be trimmed to length so you don't have to use the chrome inserts, but at £99 a pop I'm not risking it.

Thanks

TBB.

3. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    I am sure you get dark chrome ends as an option :)

4. shergar

shergar New Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Northants
    Squaredeals have these but I have no idea what they are like
    "Daytona" Heated Grip Set. Hotgrips for Triumph 1" [25mm Bars]

5. TriBriBon

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Finally managed to bet a pair of heated grip for the Bonnie, had to buy the Oxford Custom jobs in the end.
    In prepping the bike to fit and route the wiring I've removed the tank.
    As the AIS system is removed there is a spare 12v connector and also 1 other, I assume the "other" is power to the fuel pump, but as mine old girl is a carbie this connector is spare but all part of a one fit loom.
    My question is this, is it safe or even wise to use one of these points as the switched supply for the heated grips ?
    I have checked and both connectors are only live when the ignition is switched on.

Thanks in advance. IMG_9916.JPG

6. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Put a relay in use one of those connection to trigger the relay, just need to fuse the power wire from relay to heated grips, problem solved ??

7. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Just had some Triumph heated grips fitted to my Thruxton R.

Wow, why on earth did I wait so long, they are awesome, and all credit to Triumph, they are very neat and well integrated. I like the way they also display the heat setting on the dials. Really neat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. newcomer

newcomer Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2018
    king's lynn
    Settled for R & G grips in the end. Only been out once since and they are great.

• Like Like x 1